Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Figured It Out Everyone!!!!

In the Mapfiend download all file, there are Many map files that are zero or 1kb. If their file is empty, they should Not have the file name used in case the player Does have content. Then if they Do end up acquiring a usable map THEN add it to the download file, until then do Not use that file name.

Default i'm trying just about anything with vista

i just deleted all the maps that come with eq in the maps folder then replaced them with the ones i downloaded and extracted from mapfiend. i will update this post to let everyone know if it worked.

Default They Work

To get the maps to work, you must not be logged in to everquest when you copy the maps into the maps folder.

Close everquest completely, copy maps, restart everquest.

Works.

Default Problems with Maps... sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliaila View Post
    Eidolon1, first SOE hasn't designed any of the supplied maps for the last 3 or so expansions. They were all made by players in Beta and SOE was allowed by them to supply them to the masses. SOE supposedly had to make maps the same way we do, just like they supposedly have to make UI windows just like we do with no way to instantly see what the result will be aside from loading up EQ. So really just be glad there are any maps with the new expansions at all.

Find the Everquest folder that you are playing EQ from. In that EQ folder there will be a maps folder. Put the TXT files into that maps folder.

Examples:

If you play from C:\Program Files\Everquest\
    then put the TXT files into C:\Program Files\Everquest\maps

If you play from C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest\

then put the TXT files into C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest\maps

If you play from C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest Trilogy\
    then put the TXT files into C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest Trilogy\maps

If you play from C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest Gold\
    then put the TXT files into C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest Gold\maps

If you play from C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest Platinum\
    then put the TXT files into C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest Platinum\maps

-----

I've been having preblems as well, but I am using EQ: Anniversary Edition... sigh....

Where should I put them?

-----

Default maps not working

Ok I have Vista and was having problems with the maps not showing up. I unziped them to C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\maps and it did not work maps still did not show up. So I right clicked on the launcher and looked to see what the path was of the shortcut. It was "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\LaunchPad.exe". So I unziped the maps to "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\maps and maps now show up.
    Last edited by Micrho; 12-06-2011 at 06:56 PM. Reason: removed double space that should not have been there

Default same problem with Windows 7

I have extracted to both everquest and everquest Trilogy and still no Brightfire Moor maps. I run Windows 7 Will try the extract to seperate folder and then copy to folder and see if that works.

if not is a pain cause I do not have POK maps, Tranuility maps etc....

yep...same problem for me with Windows 7

i noticed there are 1,014 files in download all...none named Blightfire Moor but it is included in crescent_2.txt...

so i have the map...just won't load while i am in the game...what's up with that ?
    Last edited by Gus; 03-29-2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: corrected mis-spelling

Well, I found the problem. The Free to play (and I am a gold member) everquest loads in c/ProgramData/SonyIntertainment/everquest/ or close to it and it use to be loaded in c/program files/sony/everquest or everquest Trilogy.

When I loaded into the second one, nothing happened. but when I found and went to the ProgramData string, I found the map file, deleted the old maps and loaded the new ones, All then worked.

I would never have found it if my friend Camina had not given me her link for where her program was loaded......

Thank you and I hope this helps everyone.

still did not work for me i have tried all the suggestions people have said on this site and i stgill cannot get them to work it appears the map files went to the right directory b ut the maps never show up in game. I know i'm not alone because im talking to multiple people in game having the same issue

Default I finally got it to work

ok here is what finally worked for me. I saw that there can be more than one place to get to everquest. To find my path i needed to use i right clicked on the shortcut for the eq patcher and then clicked properties. MY path was C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Everquest and then extracted downloaded maps to C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Everquest\maps
    Then when i looked at the indiviual map files theres about a 1000 of them it seemed--i right clicked on each file and clicked on its properties. About 80% of them said this file may have been blocked because it came from another computer. There was a box to push to unblock it then I pushed apply then ok for each and every one of thos e individual files. When I logged back into eq i had maps. This was a windows 7 computer. There probably was an easier way to do this but I could not figure out how. I did not have eq running while I did this. If anyone wants me to tell them more about it feel free to look me up in game on tunare server Shamwin

Thread Information