Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Figured It Out Everyone!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation I Figured It Out Everyone!!!!

Okay turns out the solution is painfully simple here it goes if you have reinstalled EQ and maps do not show DO NOT extract map files to:

C:\Program Files\EverQuest\maps

I know I did and it will not do you ANY good at all. Now if you do want the beautiful blessed maps just Extract them to:

C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\maps

I know it hurts doesn't it, trust me I only figured this out but pure chance but that's all it was. I feel like an idiot. Took me days banging my head against the wall before it dawned on me. PLEASE tell everyone who has this problem. God bless Mapfiend.

I've been doing that (ie) extracting to Program Files/Sony\EverQuest\maps -- STILL is NOT working. Can't get Blightfire Moor map. Anyone have any solution to that prob. Know quite a few peeps STILL having this problem. Talked to EQ and they said they didn't include the Blightfire Moor map withe the expansion because people like to personally design their maps. I told the guy -- AND???? they can do that thru mapfiend. lol

Eidolon1, first SOE hasn't designed any of the supplied maps for the last 3 or so expansions. They were all made by players in Beta and SOE was allowed by them to supply them to the masses. SOE supposedly had to make maps the same way we do, just like they supposedly have to make UI windows just like we do with no way to instantly see what the result will be aside from loading up EQ. So really just be glad there are any maps with the new expansions at all.

Find the Everquest folder that you are playing EQ from. In that EQ folder there will be a maps folder. Put the TXT files into that maps folder.

Examples:

If you play from C:\Program Files\Everquest\
    then put the TXT files into C:\Program Files\Everquest\maps

If you play from C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest\
    then put the TXT files into C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest\maps

If you play from C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest Trilogy\
    then put the TXT files into C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest Trilogy\maps

If you play from C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest Gold\
    then put the TXT files into C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest Gold\maps

If you play from C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest Platinum\
    then put the TXT files into C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest Platinum\maps

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliaila View Post
    Eidolon1, first SOE hasn't designed any of the supplied maps for the last 3 or so expansions. They were all made by players in Beta and SOE was allowed by them to supply them to the masses. SOE supposedly had to make maps the same way we do, just like they supposedly have to make UI windows just like we do with no way to instantly see what the result will be aside from loading up EQ. So really just be glad there are any maps with the new expansions at all.

Find the Everquest folder that you are playing EQ from. In that EQ folder there will be a maps folder. Put the TXT files into that maps folder.

Examples:

thats the information i need
    thanks Kaliaila

Default Problems with Maps... sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliaila View Post

Examples:

-----

I've been having preblems as well, but I am using EQ: Anniversary Edition... sigh....

Where should I put them?

-----

Default Help Please Anyone!

I spent all day yesterday downing maps into sony/everquest/map folder on my hard drive but with vista its not working I have in notepad form if that helps any please i would love to know how to get then to work

thanks Shaina

what i did was make a separte folder then downloaded the maps to that folder then copy those to the eq map files this seamed to work for and i have vista

Default with vista 64 bit maps no worky so far.

I did the same thing as deetwo but my maps are *not* working. I have vista 64-bit. (Anyone having problems with 64bit vs 32bit OSes?)

I run eq from the C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest\maps path and so extracted the maps to this folder. When I go to the 'maps' level I see the extracted files all there as .txt files. What else should I try? If I delete the contents of the 'maps' folder completly, will the maps created by SOE automatically re-download when I connect to EQ? ...Any other suggestions?

Did you try downloading the maps to a different directory and extracting them to that directory then copying them over to the maps directory? Extracting them straight into the maps directory has caused people some issues on Vista.

Default problem.

im not a Vista user. my EQ is not in a sony file. so how will that work? worked find on hubbys computer because he does have vista and eq in a sony file.

Thread Information