Thread: Changing the outline color.

Default Changing the outline color.

Hiyas, I have been using your maps for years however reciently growing with old age or something I am finding it very hard to read your maps. The very Light gray lines with a White almost Beige or Tan backround makes it impossible for me to actually view the maps. I was curious if there is a way to change the color of this. If not in the everquest game itself, but in the maps section maybe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I agree that gray lines on the beige map background are difficult to see in game. I have found 2 solutions to the problem.

One is to set your map to a fade level of 10. After you move the cursor off, it will fade out in a couple of seconds and the gray lines will be easier to see. To do this, right click on the map window to bring up the window menu, go to Alpha > Faded Level, then type in the percentage of the fade.

Another solution is to change the color of the map lines. Each line on the map appears like this in the map file .txt.

L -757, 707, -4, -755, 712, -4, 153, 153, 153

The L means it is a Line, the first 3 numbers are the starting coordinate, next 3 are the ending coordinate, and the last 3 are the line color. In this example, 153, 153, 153 is that gray color.

I use Notepad to open the file and then do a find and replace to change all 153, 153, 153 to 0, 0, 0. This changes it all to black. It is easy to see when the map is normal and when it is faded.

I hope this helps.

Thread Information