The role of the Enchanter class is not something lost on Aristo and I. We're trying to come up with ways to get you more involved/useful in all aspects of the game. The reality is though, that it is NOT an easy solution. Trying to come up with ways to have Enchanters be aDPS for casters is tough because of the way the spell system was coded 14 years ago. Any changes we'd want to make have to be done so as to play nicely with the existing 13+ years of spells.

If you have suggestions or ideas, then you should bring them to our attention. As PJ has done for mages, for example. He PMs me a lot, and often times I have to tell him "No" but at least he's bringing ideas to the table and being proactive instead of just saying "My class is broke. Fix please" with no suggestions on how.

Finally, don't presume that no response in a thread suggests we don't read them or care about problems. Often times, threads, especially ones that get this long, devolve into name calling, class warfare, or other such nonsense, and truly stepping into a thread like this often is a losing proposition for us, because by this time, there is no WIN in here, as the signal to noise ratio has fallen to extremely low levels.

More...