Thread: Blank maps

Default Blank maps

Just downloaded map pack to new laptop and placed in correct folder ((maps) and they do not work in game. I am running Vista. Anyone have any suggestions?. I have several friends that are having the same problems. It only seems to effect TSS, TBS and SOF.

Default Same Problem

I've been having the same problems. The maps system worked at first, then after the last expansions I had to upgrade my computer. I'm running on a much more powerful computer with Vista, re-loaded the game (I have every expansion now) and the maps are blank. I downloaded them from here and unzipped them into my maps folder in EQ...still nothing. Makes me very cautious to wander around many of the zones.

Default Fixed!

I figured the problem, and it's a VISTA related issue that's easily worked around. It seems that VISTA does not like changes made in any program in it's "Programs" folder, which naturally EQ is in. The work-around is to create a sub-folder someplace else, unzip the map file into THAT folder, then cut-paste the contents into your map folder. When VISTA asks if you're sure you want to do that/grant "administration" access hit the <yes> button.
    VOILA! I did that and lo and behold, when I got into my EQ Game all the maps were up and loaded!

I am having the same issues.I run windows.I download to desktop and unzip to maps folder but nothing ever shows in game.Very frustrating.

Default Eq Xp

I am on XP. I have verified they are in the correct eq / maps directory. mine is Blightfire Moors, in game the map is blank. this is even after a restart.

My problem is in TBS and SoF cannot get any maps whatsoever in those zones.I have to zone in and create my own.

Have you tried downloading the maps individually and see if they work that way? I have read elsewhere that others have done that and it worked. I am not sure what else the problem could be. My maps are not blank and I get them all from here.

Thread Information