Grummy_NB wrote:

Elidroth wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what kind of computer are you playing on right now? By that, I mean, what operating system, how much memory, what kind of video card, etc.

A lot of the crashing I think is coming from people just running out of memory because we load so much right now. The coders are working on improving the way memory management is handled to reduced memory-related crashes, but the fact remains, that we are loading more now than we ever have before, and some older-spec machines likely just can't handle it.
Elidroth, as per SOE's web site, this is what the game should be designed for, not "what are we running" Let us know it this changes.

4. What are the PC specs for running EverQuest?

Minimum:
- Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
- Processor: 1 GHz Processor
- Ram: 512MB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA Ti 4800 or ATI 9800
- Hard Drive: 10 GB of Free Disk Space

Recommended:
- Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
- Processor: Pentium 4 or better
- Ram: 2 GB
- Graphics card: NVIDIA 6800 or ATI x1800

Note: Not all Direct3D cards are supported. DirectX 9.0b or greater is required for all XP/Vista installations.

Believe it or not, there are still people trying to play EQ on much lower spec machines than the minimum listed here. This is why I ask. When I was taking Tech Support calls, I had 2 or 3 over the course of a couple hours from people trying to run EQ on Windows 95 still.

More...