Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Viewing Maps on the Site

Yep, I sure did. It's fixed now.

Still no good viewing maps online. I am running IE 6 with SP2 at 1024x768 and nothing is viewable onscreen. The only options presented are to download the three layers.

I have changed the BG color to a medium tan to avoid black, white and Red font colors.

I did download All Maps for use in game, but there are a couple maps I want to have paper copies of for easier referencing (wont block view on screen while in game.

The map I have been trying to view on screen outside of the game is MF # 5120 Ruins of Illsalin.

Default Same thing

Havin the same prob. 1024x768 rez. Runnin IE6. Seem to be getting everything on screen but the actual maps. Can click to download the maps, and seein the "Comments" section, the "BG Color, Grids" and all that at the top. /shrug

OK, now I've seen everything.
    IE seems to be really picky about available space on the page, and rather than expand the page to fit the content, it appears to be discarding the content all together.

Even though both left and right side menus AND the map will fit perfectly within a 1024 pixel screen, IE doesn't like it. If I stretch the window to 1044, the map shows up fine. I'm going to reduce the width of the maps by about 20 pixels. Let me know if that fixes it.

Also, and I'm not trying to sound demeaning or anything, why are y'all still using 1024x768? If it's an eyesight thing, that's understandable, but even the humble GeForce 3 can do 1600x1200, as can most 17"+ CRT monitors.
    Hell, if you're playing EQ, your hardware can handle higher resolutions than 1024x768. Again, I'm not trying to be harsh, just trying to inform. I have run into people who simply didn't know their hardware was capable of settings higher than what came from the factory.

Incidentally, I did design the site for 1024x768, but IE apparently doesn't think so. It works fine at that resolution in the other browsers

Ok, I changed the map size slightly and it appears to work. Let me know if there are any other glitches.

Default Same Here

I can't even find a way to get TO the maps period.

Default maps period

hello. i'm new and are there maps here period and where i'm sure i'll be interested in forms but just like to find the eq map no talking at this point
    ty loads

Angry lost and dontwannabe

i used to be able to come here click the maps i needed for everquest and download them to my sony/everquest file but now i cant even find the spot where the downloads are...wtf
    lost in POR and dontwannabe
    Melie Tujuu
    7th hammer

Thread Information