Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Figured It Out Everyone!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

In the Mapfiend download all file, there are Many map files that are zero or 1kb. If their file is empty, they should Not have the file name used in case the player Does have content. Then if they Do end up acquiring a usable map THEN add it to the download file, until then do Not use that file name.

Default They Work

To get the maps to work, you must not be logged in to everquest when you copy the maps into the maps folder.

Close everquest completely, copy maps, restart everquest.

Works.

Default Underfoot expansion

Any one have any maps of new expansion? Rough ones would be great even.
    Thanks
    Meows

PS

Default Underfoot expansion

Any one have any maps of new expansion? Rough ones would be great even.
    Thanks
    Meows

PS I tried a new thread but have not gotten permisson yet,. but it has only been 3 years since i signed up on mapfiend.

It is what it is.

Maps can not be posted here until the NDA is lifted.

Default Map issues

OK, I have tried every "fix" listed on here. I always had the path located and it was not listed on any post here. The map file was located on my hd as follows:
    C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\maps

Having said that, I have tried extracting directly to the file folder (didn't work), extracting to a separate file and then copying the map text files directly into the map file folder (also didn't work).

I did find something that may be an issue by opening up each individual map file after the extract or copy methods, and that is that the text of the maps that do actually work appear to be ordered and neat. The ones that do not appear to have a bunch of jumbled code. I assume that is something that happens during the extraction process but cannot figure out an easy way to format the text to make it readable.
    I am not very familiar with text editing and I know that my notepad does not give me the ability to save changes to these files.
    Has anyone else noticed this issue?

I do have a very few maps that work, none of which I would use or need at this point. None of the newer expansion maps work.

Default Vista

I to am a returning player after 5 years i could not even find my original disks so i used the sony launcher to install the game the path is a little convoluted.

C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\maps

but if you are trying to manipulate the files via my computer it looks like

C:\desktop\computer\INSERT YOUR DRIVE NAME HERE\program files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\maps

this is with a factory install of Vista on a toshiba laptop

i hope this helps

still did not work for me i have tried all the suggestions people have said on this site and i stgill cannot get them to work it appears the map files went to the right directory b ut the maps never show up in game. I know i'm not alone because im talking to multiple people in game having the same issue

Default I finally got it to work

ok here is what finally worked for me. I saw that there can be more than one place to get to everquest. To find my path i needed to use i right clicked on the shortcut for the eq patcher and then clicked properties. MY path was C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Everquest and then extracted downloaded maps to C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Everquest\maps
    Then when i looked at the indiviual map files theres about a 1000 of them it seemed--i right clicked on each file and clicked on its properties. About 80% of them said this file may have been blocked because it came from another computer. There was a box to push to unblock it then I pushed apply then ok for each and every one of thos e individual files. When I logged back into eq i had maps. This was a windows 7 computer. There probably was an easier way to do this but I could not figure out how. I did not have eq running while I did this. If anyone wants me to tell them more about it feel free to look me up in game on tunare server Shamwin

Default try this

instead of going in and changing each individual file, right click the zip file and change the properties there to unblock them. Then unzip them and put into your maps folder. This is compliments of my friend Tony who knows everything!

Thread Information