Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EQ: ALL_MAPS package

Default EQ: ALL_MAPS package

The map package has several layers of Labels. Some zones have 4 different colored labels for each marker. basically spamming teh entire map with text and making all the tags mix into eachother making them all useless.

Worst thing is they are all in teh 2nd layer so you are stuck with seeing all of em or none of em.

It is what it is.

Yeah, we are aware of the issue.

We are editting them as we can. This is a result of multiple people uploading maps with different labels on them. The software tries to dedupe them as it can, but what's left has to editted manually. Xyrre was able to get through a couple of expansions this weekend. Hopefully we will get through a couple more tonite.

We are working on it.

we're working on cleaning up the dupes. If you can give us some zone names, we can clean them up quicker.
    My browser RPG: Adia-Ond
    Help me test it!

Zones:
    Muramite Proving ground
    The ruined city of dranik
    Stonebrunt mountains
    Erudin
    Erud Crossing
    hates Fury
    Gulf of Gunthak
    Lower Guk
    South ro

Direwind cliffs
    Sunderock Springs
    Goru kar mesa
    The steppes
    Blackfeather roost
    Crescent reach

just a few that pop into mind. Some of theese only have duplicat zone line Tags tough

we'll clean these up. Thanks for the info.
    Help me test it!

When was the last time you downloaded the maps? So far, I have completed the basic Everquest through LDoN expansions. You might want to go back and get those. I also plan to work on the colors for layer 2, once that is set up. Will work on more as I get time.

yea i thought something wierd was going on.. as well i was getting the map for blighfire in crescent reach.. wierd.

the main problem im having is the base layers are not included in this package and eq does not download the base layer. im recently returning so i dont rememebr if eq is supposed to or not.

for instance, the patcher does not download butcher.txt. as well thier is no butcher.txt in the all maps pack.

is the patcher supposed to download the base layers for me? and i get _1 and _2 from here?

ive deleted the maps folder many times and have checked all expansions just to be sure i get all maps from the patcher. i get some.. but not nearly all.

so if the patcher doesnt download the base layers and i cant get them here as well then what do i do?
    Last edited by pointyboot; 01-23-2007 at 02:21 PM.

oh and the following

The plane of knowldge
    echo caverns
    bazaar
    Dagnor's cauldron
    North & south felwith
    Greater faydark ( GAH!)
    Castle mistmoore
    Ak'Anon ( also gah)
    Emerald Jungle
    Firiona Vie ( note you need to redo all tags here as all the merchants have moved off the isleand. Now all the merchants are in the old fort thingy)
    Dreadlands
    Burning woods
    Droga
    Warsliks woods
    Field of bone
    Timorous deep
    Kael drakkel ( note base tags are ok but layer 2 is in bloody german!)
    Qinimi, Court of Nihilia
    Ferubi

BTw I downloaded the map pack on thursday or wensday of last week.

Ok, most of the changes I made up to and including LDoN were done on Thursday and Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by pointyboot View Post
    yea i thought something wierd was going on.. as well i was getting the map for blighfire in crescent reach.. wierd.

the main problem im having is the base layers are not included in this package and eq does not download the base layer. im recently returning so i dont rememebr if eq is supposed to or not.

for instance, the patcher does not download butcher.txt. as well thier is no butcher.txt in the all maps pack.

is the patcher supposed to download the base layers for me? and i get _1 and _2 from here?

ive deleted the maps folder many times and have checked all expansions just to be sure i get all maps from the patcher. i get some.. but not nearly all.

so if the patcher doesnt download the base layers and i cant get them here as well then what do i do?
    I haven't played in years, but it's my understanding that EQ generates the file you are refering to as "base layer" (the one without a number) when you enter a given zone. It generates the file from the _1, _2 and _3 files in the maps directory (it basically just combines them). I don't remember specifically, but I think it may not generate the file if it already exists, someone else will have to confirm or deny this.
    Help me test it!

Thread Information