I went looking around the old world for any location that might play this particular piece and unfortunately came up empty handed. Perhaps someone with a little more time can dig through the .xmi files to find out what files besides gl.xmi might contain this section of music.

What I was able to determine was that this piece is sequence 11 in gl.xmi which according to some old unused sections in our sound code was apparently was intended to play when a bard used an instrument (though oddly enough it's noted as "Bard Drum".)

Some other interesting facts about gl.xmi and some old features that were never implemented:
Sequence 7 is called "Crouch" and may or may not be heard elsewhere in the world but it certainly sounds like a cartoonish rendition of tip-toeing around sneakily.
Sequence 8 is called "Swim" and certainly conveys a sense of exploring mysterious depths.
Sequence 9 is called "Bard Flute" but is a drum track, so I'm guessing that was a mix up.
Sequence 10 is called "Bard Horn" but is another drum track, another mix up I'd guess.
Sequence 19 is called "Kill Dragon" and sounds like a fairly epic fight theme.
Sequence 20 is called "Ship" and is a song that is heard elsewhere in the world.

At the bottom of the section of code it also specifies that there was going to be a midi sequence for looting a corpse, but it looks like the sound of gold coins ended up being a better solution than a midi track.

The original music of our game is something very dear to my heart. So much so that when I was working on the bard stage in Sunrise Hills I put in some environmental music inside and outside the traders' building. The merchant theme always puts me into a nostalgia coma when I hear it.

More...