Mardy wrote:

I would like to know how you folks were able to do this after years of saying new armor molds are not possible without new character models. Did someone have an eureka moment?

Not criticizing, I'm really excited about this and I'm sure this will get me and my g/f back into the game for sure. But just wondering how you guys figured out how to add new armor molds.

In short, yes. Several people actually. This new armor is a direct result of people trying things that make NO SENSE at all, and finding a way to hack things together in ways we'd never thought of before, and is almost exclusively due to the ridiculously hard work put in by code and art. Design didn't have much to do with it simply because there isn't much design work to do on it other than the system of delivery in-game.

A lot of the armor pieces are tradeable, some attuneable, and some no-drop. As Piestro said, there is a comprehensive FAQ in the works to answer those questions, and that should be published soon. The Webcast today should also answer a lot of questions as well.

More...