-Luthair- wrote:

Galidin-Prexus wrote:

I think to the people who are complaning: Be quiet.

SOE could of tied this into the "next" expansion and required you to buy it if you wanted to or not to get to content/spells/etc.

SOE could of not made it at all and said "deal with the old look."

Instead they made a 100% cosmetic purly optional system where you can make your charecter look a certain way and if you don't want to use it you don't need to.

This is about the best outcome there could be.

A+ on this SOE.

Galidin

P.S. I complain a LOT so if I'm not complaning about it then it's probably pretty good.
Its only optional if there is a global setting to turn it off.

I'm assuming that this will affect performance (memory is a red herring imo, nearly everyone should have more than EverQuest can dream of consuming as a 32-bit application and even lowend graphics cards have 1gb of ram), the bulk on the characters indicates a shell wrapping the existing model which case it adds more to the scene when players already complain about lag anywhere people gather (e.g. the lobby).

From what I've seen I doubt I would participate and if a global flag doesn't exist I suspect I'll revert to old school models. In fairness, I'm also not interested in housing (been to mine ~2-3 times in what, 18-months now) or the new guildhall.

The option to turn it off is already in place and will show up once the armor is live.

More...