Thread: Download Map Fix

Default Download Map Fix

The best advice I found about downloading the maps is doing it in the correct spot. I spent hours trying to figure out what was wrong and my issue was I had multiple areas where EQ had folders. I swore I had the right spot too! What I did to fix this problem was this:

Right Click on EQ launchpad> properties > looked at target where SOE was launching from > in my case it was C:\users\public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Everquest\Launchpad.exe

So now I knew where EverQuest was launching from. So I went into C:\users\public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\maps - and downloaded the maps there. Presto worked perfectly.

When I downloaded the maps I did all of them. I put them first on my desktop and extracted them into a separate folder on my desktop. From the extracted folder I copied those files into the maps folder under EverQuest I listed above.

Hope this helps.

It is what it is.

Excellent advice that I have given many times myself.
    SOE has installed in so many different places over the years, it's impossible for me to tell people where to put the maps.

Thread Information