Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maps and station

I put mine in this directory and have no problems.Did you got to prog data/soe/installed games/eq then maps?

Quote Originally Posted by Serrameth View Post
    i searched this but didnt find the answer i needed.. i know to right click the EQ icon on my desktop to see where the path it is running from is.. problem is it just shows me it is coming from station launcher in my E drive.. no sony no everquest nothing.. so how do i get around that? can anyone help me?

much appreciated
    Open station launcher, click preferences and if it says you are updating to C:Program Files\Sony... etc etc and you are on either of the last two Windows versions change the location to the Sony file in C:Program Files (x86)\Sony\Everquest

Quote Originally Posted by gumbolie View Post
    The maps are found in the map folder @ C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Everquest I have removed the map file that was there and replaced it with the allmap file from Mapfiend. Rebooted computer, Station Launcher did Update, but with the same results. Not all maps are working!! ...
    The maps folder has a lot of txt files which are the actual maps. You need to unpack the allmaps file (a zip archive) and place those files in the maps directory.

Default EQ Maps Installation

My maps were working fine until I downloaded the HoT expansion and the new launcher. Found out that Sony now places more files under c://users/public/soe/installed games/Everquest/maps when I placed the maps there they now work again. Boy oh boy. Sony sure seems to try to make it hard for people to add things into the game files.

Default I finly got my maps to work

the maps are in c/program files (x86)/ sony / everquest / maps

first of all I deleted all maps zips everything in my map folder so all i had left was the empty map folder
    second i moved the map folder to desktop, because 64bit OS seem to have a problem loading straight into the C-drive
    then i downloaded all maps into the map folder on desktop
    unziped it into map folder
    copied out of the folder it made and pasted into the map folder

so when you open the map folder you should see
    mapfiend all folder
    mapfiend all zip folder
    and a lot of of text doc. about 1019 of them

after all that make sure you do a folder move back to C:/program files (x86)/sony/everquest
    and just drop it in everquest don't make or put in a folder listed under it

it worked for my vista 64 and thats what i had to do for my xp 64 so must be a 64bit thing hope this will fix you problems

I've never got it to work on Launcher version of EQ. I tell people to do a search (yahoo, bing, google) for "everquest trilogy download" and pick the one from eqplayers.station.sony.com. Save the single .zip file to desktop (anywhere but a temp file; as in telling it OPEN won't work. Then run that for regular EQ starter (run as administrater too) it's like 1.3 GBs, once it does some updates, it'll let you log in, and will update files for quite a bit. once ready to PLAY, then download maps and move em to c:/program_files(x86)/sony/everquest/maps

if you do accidently just tell it to run, once it opens the single .exe file, copy it from there to desktop other location
    Last edited by Bubba; 02-17-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: added info at end

Thread Information