Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maps and station

Default Maps and station

i searched this but didnt find the answer i needed.. i know to right click the EQ icon on my desktop to see where the path it is running from is.. problem is it just shows me it is coming from station launcher in my E drive.. no sony no everquest nothing.. so how do i get around that? can anyone help me?

much appreciated

It is what it is.

search for your MAPS folder?

Default Maps and station

There is NO maps folder in the Station Launcher...I have tried adding a maps folder and that does not work....I have tried putting the maps in every folder in the Station Launcher and they still won't work!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by gumbolie; 05-15-2010 at 11:26 AM.

So what directories are in your Station Launcher directory?

there is only 1 folder (main) contains conf file ( eula, icons, rules) and Skins containing default file ( html, images, sounds, themes)

there is only 1 folder (main) contains conf file ( eula, icons, rules) and Skins containing default file ( html, images, sounds, themes)...I posed this problem to the EQ Techs and they sent me back here, because the maps where from a third party. A question so simple for them to answer, I am starting to see why the game has gone downhill. They don't include maps because in there words SOME of the players like to make there own maps. I maybe a Veteran player, but I would still like to see the entrances and exits to the Zones

well, you can download the launcher at http://launcher.station.sony.com/ and try it yourself --I have copied and pasted maps in all the folders and sub folders and still no recognition yes every folder has a copy of the maps in them. Looks like Sony is going to lose 4 more accounts. I'll still check back to see if anyone has found a definite solution to this problem.

You can find the one that Station Launcher is using by clicking on the game (where it shows the update or play button) and then choose "Game Preferences" from the "Games" menu. On that screen, it will show you where it is updating into.

This should tell you where Station is putting the files it downloads. What directory is it loading EQ into?

C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games
    Everquest I unzipped all maps to the destination, checked to make sure it was in the file, rebooted computer, went back to preferences and ran a full scan. One would think this took care of the problem.Hmmm, did Bill Gates have anything to do with this...LoL, hehe Still no maps
    Last edited by gumbolie; 05-19-2010 at 03:45 AM.

Default I now have ONE hair left on my head

The maps are found in the map folder @ C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Everquest I have removed the map file that was there and replaced it with the allmap file from Mapfiend. Rebooted computer, Station Launcher did Update, but with the same results. Not all maps are working!! I will try and run a full scan one more time, before I move on to another game that's not Sony related, and save that one lonely hair on my head.

Thread Information