Thread: Win 7 maps in EQ

Default Win 7 maps in EQ

I copy and paste all my maps from my old computer (XP) into my new with Win 7
    I started out having maps in some zones but not all although they are on my other computer and in the map file of the new computer Programs (x86) Everquest/maps. Now it seems that I am loosing some of the maps in game that I had previously. Any ideas?

Helen

One of the things I have heard folks say for Win7 is not to load EQ in the Programs(x86) directory because it causes some glitches. They recommended creating a C:\Sony\EQ directory or something like that and to be sure you run as Administrator.

I don't know if that is what is causing problems with maps in Win7 or not, but it is worth looking into. I guess I need to get a machine with Win7 on it.

I am running as administrator but I tried to put it in the Programs file but the computer wouldn't let it go there was only Programs (x86) or documents.

However, to update on this. I renamed my map files to oldmaps and then turned off my antivirus. Downloaded allmaps then extracted into Programs (x86) Everquest/maps. This gave me back what seems to be all the maps except Brells Rest and Underquarry. Cooling Chamber map is there as well as PG, when I go to Underquarry, I can find my way to Foundation and Athrix (sp) those maps are there. The Station Launcher and a few other files are in Programs, I extracted them into that file as well not sure which the game is reading the maps from. I just think it screwy that maps worked fine until today then poof they were coming and going with no reason.

Thread Information