Abazzagorath wrote:

Elidroth wrote:

Abazzagorath wrote:

Personally, I hope the following changes go in at some point (after fabled would be a good time IMO):

1) Fippy: His respawn mechanic changed from X seconds to X seconds AND all but 2 or less adds dead. What does this accomplish? It allows for lower dps guilds to actually have a shot (the guilds not fielding 15-20 rogues/zerkers/wizards), while still forcing them to deal with the content as intended, just with the reality of the class make up of guilds further from the bleeding edge - high end guilds will still be doing fippy for loot, but it will be irrelevant to progression for them at that point (since they will no longer need the flags at all, actually, they shouldn't right now already).

No chance. That COMPLETELY changes the way the raid functions. If I was to change the way this raid worked to make it easier for the non-bleeding-edge guilds, I'd make the adds easier to deal with. The change you suggest would allow guilds to simply kite adds, peel them off one at a time, and coast through the raid.
And dropping the hp on adds in half and making them hit for 1/2 as much as a group trash mob is a better solution in your view? Because thats what you'll end up having to do.

Seriously, go find a "low-mid tier" raid guild. One knocking on the door to tower right now (so someone that should have farmed tower enough to try UF raids before the next expansion). And go raid with them. I think it would be an eye opener. Those guilds are never going to be able to come closer to beating these raids without doing one or the other.

Personally, I think its better to reduce the problem of strict time limits so that they have to deal with the raids how they were meant to, just without the dps test, rather than handing them a gimped version on a silver platter.

Give them more time before he spawns then, and don't make the adds that spawn before the last phase run right to him or whatever.

I love the raid difficulty, personally, I'm just pointing out the reality that you guys are somewhat oblivious to, and that blindness is probably why you've made so many decisions that have contributed GREATLY to gutting what used to be the vast majority of raiders, the mid tier.

You devs can be like some politicians sometimes, you cater to the richest and the poorest and ignore everyone else except with a bone tossed here and there, because you think everyone in the middle and the bottom wants to be in the top, so you try and give them no option but to go to the top.

Its easy to dismiss those guilds as incapable or needing to step up and play better, but the sad truth is that there are simply not enough capable players to cover for the average or below average player, and while its fine to give us a challenge to keep the top interested, and maintain a level of challenge for those that come up to it later, its not the same thing. Those guilds are not a township rebellion or triality in every way except average gear/aa/play time, there is a class make up along with competency and a difference in how much they care about the game and how they play it.

If they're knocking on the door in Tower they don't have the gear for Underfoot raids. I'm not sure where this wasn't communicated. The raiding in Underfoot was INTENDED to be difficult for Tower geared people.

Yes, we're going to tune things down some, but in no way would I support making Underfoot raids winnable by someone who hadn't raided previous content.

More...