Thread: Maps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Maps

I am running windows 7 have downloaded maps unzipped and moved em to EQ folder under map folder and still can't get maps up any ideas?

make sure you are completely logged out of EQ and have exited the game before you copy the files into your maps directory

Default maps

I am also having trouble with my maps not working properly. I have no borders for any of the zones where any fighting is done. PoK and PoTranquility are fine. That's it!! I made sure that I was logged out of game when I downloaded (all maps). And, went through the process more than once after removing the files and starting over. Thinking maybe it didn't download and extract, etc., etc., the first time correctly. NO SUCH LUCK!!!! Is it me? Or is it MAPFIEND? Dunno, don't care! Just want it fixed.!.!.! Any productive criticism concerning my dilema (not my spelling, etc.) would be appreciated very much.

Most of the problems seem to lie with the operating system being used, the permissions on the files and where the files are downloaded to. It is not a problem with mapfiend, since only a handful of people out of the hundreds or thousands that download maps from here seem to have the problem.

So what operating system are you using?
    Where do you have EQ installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Xyrre View Post
    Most of the problems seem to lie with the operating system being used, the permissions on the files and where the files are downloaded to. It is not a problem with mapfiend, since only a handful of people out of the hundreds or thousands that download maps from here seem to have the problem.

So what operating system are you using?
    Where do you have EQ installed?
    I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. EQ is installed under Program Files x86/Sony/Everquest. Add Maps to that and that's where i put the downloaded map files.

I don't currently use Windows 7, but from most of the posts I have seen on here from people who do use it, they say the following:

Don't install EQ in /Program Files x86/, create a different directory, like C:\everquest or something.

They also say you have to set administrator rights or run as administrator.

That is about all the info that I have seen so far.

Thread Information