Gumlakx_Grendelson wrote:

Elidroth wrote:

AutomaticWarrior wrote:

I assume the game is setup like this. Let's say 1 named per 72 minutes is base rate.

If mob respawns in 72 minutes and only 1 PH, 100% chance for named.

If mob respawns in 12 minutes and only 1 PH, 16.6% chance for named per kill of that PH.

If mob respawns in 12 minutes and has 16 PHs, then 1% chance for named for each PH.

It seems to me that the faster the PH respawn, the lower the chance. The more PHs that can be named, the lower the chance. This is because the game makes the unrealistic assumption that you can kil every PH on time. I can assure you no one group is going to kill 16 PHs on a 12 minute cycle in UF, but the spawn rate is set assuming you can do this.

This may be why T8 zones have higher named frequency because it's actually relatively easy to identify where all the PHs are (they tend to be all in the same area), and mobs have long respawn timers, so it is actually possible to kill all the PHs. If you take a zone like UQ or Husk, maybe all the dwarves or beetles can be PH of something, but you sure won't come close to killing even 1/10 of the eligible mobs that can be a PH.

The assumption is not that YOU personally will kill every PH, but we MUST base our percentages on the assumption that every PH will be killed every spawn.
Why must you? Cannot the spawn rate be adjusted to reflect the reality of low player populations? If by some divine intervention the player population in these zones increased to the point that all PHs were being killed, would the world of Norrath as we know it cease to exist because named spawn rates are too high?

In short.. No. If we change the spawn rate to match the actual "current" rate of kill/spawn, then as soon as it's adjusted, people will flood in and overwhelm the spawns, making the rate at which a rare spawns happen MUCH more frequently.

It'd be NICE if we could dynamically adjust spawn rates based upon player population in a zone, but we just don't have the capability to do this currently.

More...