We as developers do spend an enormous amount of time in defense of potential exploits, cheating and the like. Sometimes we’re successful, sometimes not so much so and some bad exploits make it out live. It really just comes down to a man power issue. We can’t keep up with a player base that several orders of magnitude bigger than the development team. Some stuff is going to get through, and the only thing we can really do about that is remain vigilant and ready to fix them when they do arise.

In the case of Rallos Returns, we completely dropped the ball. I’ll say that again, that was a major screw up. We should have fixed that months before we finally did.

As far as the cooling chamber issues, there was one of the issues reported in beta and we put in a fix for the specific issue that we were aware of. We thought we’d fixed it as far as our internal testing showed. It came to our attention again shortly after launch that there was a variation on the same exploit that was still possible, so we went back to the drawing board and came up with a more thorough fix.

The latest issue that has come to our attention has also demanded attention and we’ve made modifications in order to correct them. Additionally these changes have prompted an audit of some subsequent events that lad similar issues that we corrected at the same time. So hopefully the next wave of raids should prove cleaner because of these fixes.

I’ll echo the statements made earlier in the thread that we cannot discuss any matters of investigating cheaters or any other code of conduct breeches. I can say though that we do put a significant amount of energy into prevent cheating and taking disciplinary actions when appropriate. We appreciate the passion with which everyone has replied to this issue, but please remember that you are still beholden to the rules of the forum regardless of the topic being discussed.

Thanks to everyone that let us know about the issues during beta and after launch so that we could quickly correct them. You make our jobs a lot easier.

Although sometimes harder as well

-Ryan

More...