isaiah655 wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

isaiah655 wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

Well first off, we don't have a % triple attack spell effect (thank goodness) we only have an "add triple attack chance"Second, triple attack is a diminishing returns curve. That means that people with lower values will see a larger gain in DPS. Additionally I think there is actually a class that would get this that has no triple attack, and getting the mod actually gives them triple attack, making the most difference of any of them. (This was true when I was looking at things, it may no longer be true)
So, it works like the crit mod of Enchanter haste. Ordinarily, I have a zero percent chance to crit as an Enchanter, but with my own haste, even I can occasionally melee crit. Is that right?

So, if I had a triple attack mod, I'd actually get the occasional triple attack? That would be very funny, in light of the fact that I can't even dual wield.
there is some indication that it may not add to a zero (the notes for the spell effect says it does not add to someone with no skill) but I have heard from other designers that it does actually add to someone with zero skill.

You DO have to have double attack though for triple attack to work. So classes without double attack cannot triple attack... no matter what value we give them.
I think I understand. So, even thought it's not supposed to do this, a Triple Attack mod does affect someone with a zero skill. But as an Enchanter, it wouldn't give me the chance to have a Triple Attack, because I can't Double Attack. Got it. Thanks Ngreth.
Yeah. triple fires from doubles... so if you have no doubles, there is no chance for triple to fire.

More...