Abazzagorath wrote:

Rappapart the Darkpoet wrote:

Last I checked, they wrote the code, not you. Maybe, just maybe, they know what it will do, and you don't. I've watched them turn on features bards don't even use which turn off our functionality completely several times.

I'm sitting here guessing based on his statements. I admit that freely. You are calling the person who can actually make the change wrong. You think that will win you favors?

You think I care about what they or you think about me? I'm not trying to win their "favor". I'm not campaigning to be a "community leader", I'm not trying to be their buddy, I'm just a customer that maintains a strong interest in this game as a hobby. I'm pointing out something that I think is wrong. Could I be incorrect? Sure, everyone is wrong some times. But unless something has changed I'm not wrong about this. And just like I could be wrong, the devs could be wrong, like they have been plenty of times. And no, they do not "code" this game. They use tools to develop content, and they can only go on what they have been TOLD by someone else regarding how certain things work. They aren't coders.

Explain to me, if they are so all-knowing, who they spent 3 years thinking that slay undead dps increased geometrically with weapon damage and that ratio was irrelevant? I did not say he was wrong to trash him. I'm pointing out the simple fact that unless some crazy new thing has happened, what he states cannot be correct.

Go parse it yourself if you don't believe me. Ferocity doesn't let a wizard double attack. It never has. Adding a triple attack mod that is the exact same as the double attack, but for the triple attack skill, will not make a wizard triple attack. The only thing that will let that wizard double attack is flurry tribute. Those are chance to mods that are absolute values that cap out at 100%.

This is the way it is. Why can paladins without critical hit and slay undead aa crit, crip, and slay undead when using holyforge discipline? Because its additive, just like cleave.

It doesn't matter if one class has lower skill compared to another for double attack for ferocity, because ferocity adds the same chance to double attack to ALL classes with the skill. And its just stupid to make the statement that it would be any different for triple attack, which is the exact same skill as double attack, code-wise, except its a tertiary skill check after the double attack check.

If they put a 10% additive triple attack mod on ferocity, would some classes get more out of it? Depends on how you are asking the question.

A class with lower initial probability will gain a bigger "triple attack increase" (i.e. class A has a 5% chance, gets 10 added for 15%, just got a 200% increase, class B with a 20% chance, gets 10% added, for 30% total, got a 50% increase), but they will not get a bigger DPS increase or even RELATIVE DPS increase, which is what actually means anything whatsoever.

wrong. Tripple attack does not work the same way as double attack. See my post above.

More...