Check out these interesting threads and many others on the EQLive Official Forums...

EverQuest Trivia #422 - posted by Emarinn, winner of EverQuest Trivia #421

Guild Crest - Discussion started by Community Member dok_holiday

I think it would be really cool if the devs could implement shield graphics or ornamations that would allow players to select a shield shape. After the shape was selected you could then make the design of the guild banner applied to the shield.

This could be content locked or however they would want to proceed but it would be an awesome addition to the game. The banner was a cool start but really no one but your guild actually ever sees the banner.

So yeah this would be pretty much awesome.
Understanding Utility - Discussion started by Community Member UnlicensedFish

The difference in potential mana per damage efficiency between a zero-AA, basic group-geared wizard and a max-AA, Raid-geared wizard is nothing less than staggering. Throw pet focus into the equation, and I think Necromancers & Magicians also fit this description. This is a good thing. Their ability to sustain a respectable DPS over longer periods of time, or sustain an all-out burn a bit longer, while getting much more out of their mana pool on a per-point basis is directly correlated to these character improvements. Foci and Rk. III spells play a role, as do support classes boosting their abilities, but this is true for every class to a degree.

The only other classes who see such a dramatic change from "baseline" to "high end" are the main tank classes, (only in terms of tanking, not DPS) and the main healer classes (only in terms of their healing)

The issue is that melee-based DPS does not scale in this way, or at least, not with the current melee weapons.
Supra Flags - Discussion started by Community Member Gnomereaper

One of the more difficult aspects of the game is keeping up with multiple characters overtime to pursue flagging, while I know that older content is exempt from this. However, considering newer content for flags or newer characters to share keys/flags between mains and select alts.

What are your thoughts on supra flagging?
Ideas for Character Customization - Discussion started by Community Member famore

These really aren't content or game play things - just a few things I think would help people become more individualized in game. Dye was a good start and some of what I am suggesting has already partially in game,

I think a few NPCs could be placed in the bazaar where you hand in a piece of armor and it switches the armor graphic to ether chain, leather, or plate... silk would be difficult as robe graphics don't happen on all races, Now this is kind of already happened in game already there is the helm customization NPCs in Velious and there was the Robe/Tunic NPC in PoK I think it was.

I know it's not like game breaking but it would be a bit more customization for ppl to feel like they stand out and aren't just random_character_01.

This next one would be more involved.

How about Tradeskill recipes that would allow people of different races make armor similar to the looks of others? Like wood elves being able to make half elf look armor or high elves being able to make Ogre looking plate, etc.

I know this would be far more involved but it would give Tradeskillers something to do and also might give some a reason to start doing them.

Now for number three.

There is more then one of these in game, Place a few NPCs in-game that are faction based for Past expansions, farther back then SoF, these faction merchants could sell Ornamentation's for expansion appropriate Graphics for weapons/shields, Also you could update the currant ones in game to have some of them, Examples would be the Aegis of black scales out of god this graphic could be sold on both a Talosian NPC AND the Herald in Korofax since it is avail on items in both expansions, Same with the Chaotic black Scimitar.

A giant NPC in Valdeholm, A Drakkin in Ashengate and so on they would al be available through faction and cost (much like the shield ornamentation's in SoF) quite a bit of plat.

More...