Tobynn wrote:

gcubed wrote:

PermRezEffect wrote:

I can understand the "realistic" stacking limits but I've come up with a possible solution to make everyone very happy.

My solution proposal is to keep the limits of bags in your inventory, BUT why not remove the stack limits or drastically increase them of banked stacks? With the large increase in tradeskill items coming, I believe this would be a permanent fix for those of us who do massive amounts of tradeskilling.

If this isn't doable, how about just dramatically increase the amount possible in the guild bank?
I can't say for certain because I have never seen the file schemas, but I am willing to bet that stack size is a property of the item and not the slot (bank slot, inventory slot, container slot). As such, it is unlikely that this could be done without some significant code changes.
I had an experience which defeats the item property concept.

Once upon a time, I had a friend enchant a bag full of gold bars (10 stacks @ 20 per). She enchanted all of it, and handed me back a two stacks of 100 bars each. At the time, I thought ... "when did they increased the stack size on these?!?" Once I accpeted the trade and the huge stacks landed in my inventory, I immediately client crashed. After crashing on two consecutive trade attempts, I asked her to hand me stacks of only 20 and the trade went off fine.

She claimed her guide account enabled her to stack them to 100.
hrm. I am not even aware of what command allows this. I can;t even increase the stack size on the fly.

But yeah, you were probably logged off as a cheater (so not quite a crash...)

More...