Gnomereaper wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

the 7th step is the last group step. I am tuning this item to be slightly better than the highest tier group gear in Underfoot since there will be MUCH work involved.

The 8th step is the raid step. This 8th step *is* just a scaled up version of the 7th. It offers nothing "new" other than having raid stats. The abilities on it are the same abilities offered at step 7, just scaled up a bit, not even as much as the stats are scaled up. The story line *can* allow for me to chose a raid from 2/3 of the expansion in, but if I do this, the stats would reflect this. Currently the stats reflect doing the end raid. At this point it is not too late to adjust the stats down, and have it go at the raid that is 2/3 through the expansion.

I think at this point I am convinced to not require the trophy. I am still leaning towards requiring a 300 skill.
The question is how long you want it to last and future accessibility.

End game raid positives:

1. It will rotate out slower, and last until the next end game for some people to "look forward to."

2. The end game raider and middle tier raider will have something to work towards more of the cycle.

3. The quest will give "a race" to first completion to the first raiders to beat the end expansion.

End game raid negatives:

1. In the future it will make it more difficult to get the item, since you will have to complete an entire raid zone.

2. Places the final item farther down the line for low end raiders

3. Alternates are less likely to do the quest

My opinion is to:

1. Have a branch off for the final raid where it's just the final raid mob itself, with the same scripting, and some different loot drops that are "special" to the final quest. Sort of like how Brext is during Giants, Giants, Giants.

A) This allows questors to do the raid specifically for themselves, but the difficulty and key requirements are still there.This means when the quest is done in like 5 years from now, people can access it more easily.

B) The final raid is only available when the server has beaten the final raid encounter.

C) It's a throw back to when during Dain shawl 8 you could trigger the Dain Frostreaver IV again for turn ins and kill him later after the raid for loot drops. So it's a "bonus raid" that makes it so people are more likely to get an extra kill in that week helping questors.

D) It makes it more "open raid" friendly.

I am not sure how your suggestion makes it better, perhaps a bit harder.

My thoughts were a specific drop that dropped on the final raid naturally. Seems less onerous for the players than having to do normal raids then do an additional special raid. I like it being a bit "natural"

More...