Meet the Community: Tharrg

Meet Tharrg

Server: Xegony

Guild: Illusion of Eternity

Where in the real life world do you live?
Richmond, KY

How long have you played EQ?
10+ years

What other MMOs have you played?
EverQuest is it.

What type of work do you do?
Phone Tech Support

How long is your typical gaming session when playing EQ?
30 minutes to 4 hours

What does a typical EQ day consist of for you?
Having fun, usually try to finish quests that I have been doing for 10 years and currently going to zones and area never gone to before.

What was the race and class of your very first character?
Gnome Warrior (First on Xegony)

What got you into gaming and what sort of games do you like the most?
Avid AD&D player and started MUDS in High School then got into BETA for EQ and been there ever since.

What other hobbies or activities do you take part in, other then playing EverQuest?
Rock Hounding and being an active Father of 2 and husband to greatest wife in the world.

What is your highest level in EQ?
71 (I tend to get bored and delete my characters to play the low end game However this time I will hit Max)

What race and class is your main character?
Ogre Warrior

What do you like the most about the class you have chosen for your main character?
Warriors have and will always be the best class in the game I want to be the first to engage the mob and the last to leave if something to happens even if that means I have to die.

Does your main character worship a deity?
Rallos Zek (though I wish we could worship Mayong Mistmoore)

How did you choose your main character's name?
My D&D characters name.

Which classes in EQ have you NOT played?
I have played them all.

What is your favorite expansion?
Kunark was my favorite though I can say the new Expansion SOD has me more excited than any of the ones since Kunark.

What is your favorite zone?
Unrest. That was one of the best zones this game has ever designed or made. The feel and the sounds as well as the placement made it a great zone.

What is your favorite NPC?
Feddie Dooger. I met this guy... well he met my back, I just met his dagger. For a long time the night scared me in Steamfont.

Which expansion do you like the least?
Any that doesn't include something for the casual 2-40 range. I will say those really bothered me because it left them out of the fun of getting a new expansion since they were not going to participate in it.

Which zone do you like the least?
The revamped Freeport. I can handle the combining of the commons and Ro's but the layout and feel of that city is gone… It's completely destroyed the ambience that city had.

Which NPC do you like the least?
King Xorbb. I camped him off and on for 6 years... never once seen him... and after 8 hours a day for solid 6 months I finally called it quits.

What is the most platinum you have ever spent on purchasing a single item for one of your characters?
80000 plat.

Do you have an item you no longer use but keep around for nostalgic reasons? If so what is it and why do you keep it?
Blued Two Handed Hammer (yeah while I didn't get Xorbb to spawn. someone sold me the dumb slime crystal staff)... tried to finish this quest since day I heard of the weapon might exist.

What do you like best about EverQuest?
The ability to log in and just have fun.

What do you get out of playing EverQuest?
I get a release from the everyday stress's life can throw at you... as well as a since of accomplishment when I do something I have been working at.

Describe your best experience from playing EverQuest?
I have so many that I could probably write a book. I will have to say my best experiences have been with friends when we goof off and have fun... nothing serious... just having fun... like taking on Crushbone to see how many Orcs can die in 1 cast or seeing how large a train one can make in a zone that is void of anyone so they don't get in way. Those days are the best.

Do you run or work for an EverQuest Fan Site?
No I don't however I am keeping this game alive in my life... I keep my work desk covered in EverQuest Expansion Boxes and also posters (attended 2000 St. Louis Fan Faire so have signed posters as well as a Character of my then main (half-elf Warrior) that was done by the Artist who made the Fan Faire Posters)
If you are interested in being highlighted in a Meet the Community, look for instructions here! We need more submissions, so send yours today!

More...