Hiladdar wrote:

Ronak and Rawldwen mentioned in the http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/p...topic_id=154993 thread, in lieu of doing a double exp weekend, doing a double loot or double faction hit weekend.

Developers: Is this an idea which holds merit, in being cost and time effective implement over a weekend without throwing the game mechanics out of wack?

Players: Would you like to see something like the in the future?

Personnally, I would like to see a multiple added to the the faction hit I take on some encounters or from some quests over a weekend. Likewise, more loot, or higher probablility of more loot dropping over a short period of time will be fun.
Our game currently does not have any code in place to make this "simple"

A Coder would have to step in for how feasible this is.

I think double loot, while an interesting idea, might not be a balance point we would like. There is is a numbers game. There is less "loot" so doubling it makes it get expended that much faster. Of course, a properly implemented system could do something like allow us to increase loot chances by 20% or some-such... which might not make it be expended too fast.

Faction... and especially exp, are needed in "large numbers" so "doubling" does not have as much of an effect of making the resource go away too fast.

More...