Meet Tanknit Dabestican

Server: Povar, originally form Quellious

Guild: Firestormers

Where in the real life world do you live?
I'm stationed in Heidelberg Germany right now but my home town is Clovis, NM.

How long have you played EQ?
6 yrs

What other MMOs have you played?
Shaiya, WoW, Guild Wars, Vanguard, EQ 2, Dungeon Runner, Runescape, Rose and more I probably can't remember.

What type of work do you do?
I'm a chef in the army.

How long is your typical gaming session when playing EQ?
Anywhere from 5-16 hours.

What does a typical EQ day consist of for you?
Usually I start with a guild group of what ever is going on or friends need help with then I run through older zones owning old world raid mobs or just exploring lower zones I miss sometimes I go into lower level zones with less geared players and help them out a bit then I raid with my guild about 4-5 hrs.

What was the race and class of your very first character?
My first character was a high elf cleric named Surjen. I made a cleric because both my parents play EQ also and my mother was a cleric (Dawnella) and my father was a tank (Boppin)

What got you into gaming and what sort of games do you like the most?
I've always liked fantasy type games I remember playing old text based games and then seeing my father play EQ since beta, it became kind of a family thing. My mother has a guild and in the past I would get home from school and we would all group together and do DoN's and exp together.

What other hobbies or activities do you take part in, other then playing EverQuest?
I play tennis am a bit of a pool shark and I love break dancing also like to bake and play basketball.

What is your highest level in EQ?

What race and class is your main character?
85 drakkin shadowknight

What do you like the most about the class you have chosen for your main character?
Shadow knights are like the class of there own. We can heal ourselves, tank decent, split mobs and retreat, and fd if we get in trouble. Also, I love the chaos of our huge ae aggro abilities.

Does your main character worship a deity?
Yes, Veeshan.

How did you choose your main character's name?
I stared at the character select screen a long time hehe. My father was a really good tank and I was just trying a new class at the time so I was like ok I may not be a warrior or a great tank but I'm Tanknit Dabestican.

Which classes in EQ have you NOT played?
Monk, wizard, mage

What is your favorite expansion?
Gates of Discord

What is your favorite zone?
The Overthere

What is your favorite NPC?
All the dragoons in the Overthere. Haha... they killed me so many times when I was low level.

Which expansion do you like the least?
Depths of Darkhollow

Which zone do you like the least?
Old City of Dranik. The SoD pathing is crazy makes it hard to pull.

Which NPC do you like the least?
Fright in PoFear I was always the off tank so ate a lot of death touches... also maybe Tunare.

What is the most platinum you have ever spent on purchasing a single item for one of your characters?
Probably about 200k when TSS first came out with the new cultural armor.

Do you have an item you no longer use but keep around for nostalgic reasons? If so what is it and why do you keep it?
SK pet weapon because I died so many times trying to solo that shark!! Also a lot time gear for my necro because it was such a great raid.

What do you like best about EverQuest?
How I could have the worst day at work or a fight with the girl friend and as soon as I log into EQ I'm with friends and family and I just forget about life for those hours I play.

What do you get out of playing EverQuest?
A bit of an escape, satisfaction for that adventurer in us all and good friends and keep in touch with family.

Describe your best experience from playing EverQuest?
I had just lost my job and was about to have some serious financial problems and this really great player named Rhaize, a pally from Quellious who is always in PoK buffing people or offering to help them with there adventures found out about it and talked to some friends got my address and one day I got a letter from "Rhaize" and his wife "Penroc" saying that EQ is a place for friends and family and we are all here for each other and also in the envelope was a check for 1500$ that really helped me get through that rough spot in my life.

Do you run or work for an EverQuest Fan Site?
Nope.
If you are interested in being highlighted in a Meet the Community, look for instructions here! We need more submissions, so send yours today!

More...