Meet Morituus

Server: Mithaniel Marr

Guild: Snakegod

Where in the real life world do you live?
Mililani, Hawaii

How long have you played EQ?
10 years

What other MMOs have you played?
Tried DAoC when it first came out. Didn't make it past the trial period.

What type of work do you do?
Roofing/construction mostly. I am also an ordained minister, and am licensed to perform wedding ceremonies in the state of Hawaii.

How long is your typical gaming session when playing EQ?
Varies, depending on wife. Usually 1-2 hours a night.

What does a typical EQ day consist of for you?
Lately? Working on SoD group progression. Before SoD we just used to goof off.

What was the race and class of your very first character?
Dwarf Cleric. Made it to level 2 but deleted him after I turned in book to priest of discord and found out I couldn't really interract with anybody because of that.

What got you into gaming and what sort of games do you like the most?
I got into EQ through my old college coach. Surprisingly I got hooked, even though I was never into that kind of stuff before - mostly played shooters or flight combat simulators at the time. Also, I usually stop and get new Final Fantasy games when they come out (I played the original on the NES ages ago as a kid, but got hooked with FFVII in college because of Tifa's [good looks]). Never played the Final Fantasy MMO, though.

What other hobbies or activities do you take part in, other than playing EverQuest?
Played Tennis in college, but haven't picked up a racket since. Used to run cross-country in high school, and always wanted to enter a triathalon but never did. Last year I was training to try and enter the Sasuke "tournament" in Japan, but kept getting injured during training and finally gave up after a crate fell on me at work last summer. Coincidentally, that was around the time the Living Legacy promo was going on, so I got suckered into returning to EQ and never got around to training again after I rehabbed my leg/hip that got squashed.

What is your highest level in EQ?
85. Think the next closest is like level 20 or something.

What race and class is your main character?
High Elf Wizard

What do you like the most about the class you have chosen for your main character?
Sexiest class in all of Norrath. We may not be the strongest, and we can't take a hit worth crap... but nothing gets the ladies' attention like a really big boom.

Does your main character worship a deity?
No.

How did you choose your main character's name?
Actually, it got changed due to a naming violation way, way back.

How did you choose your main character's name?
It was just a name I always liked.

Which classes in EQ have you NOT played?
Too many to list.

What is your favorite expansion?
I used to say PoP, but we're actually having a ton of fun in SoD right now. The addition of mercs is a huge boon to my "casual" guild which can now go out and do meaningful things with whatever classes we enjoy playing. I know some people aren't very happy with SoD, and for good reason, but I'd say for our situation it's my favorite by far.

What is your favorite zone?
It changes from time to time, but I guess my favorite overall would be Rivervale. It was my friends' "home base" when I first started because it was so centralized at the time. I spent so much time there while growing up, that it will always hold a special place in my heart... even though I can't stand halflings.

What is your favorite NPC?
Xegony.

Which expansion do you like the least?
Probably GoD. Lost a lot of friends around that time and there wasn't much content I could handle, so I pretty much stayed in PoP zones during that time.

Which zone do you like the least?
I don't know. Nothing really jumps out.

Which NPC do you like the least?
Heh, long list. Probably Mooto would be at the top. Can't say I shed a tear when they removed him, but Fabled Mooto was the first thing I hunted down that first fabled year.

What is the most platinum you have ever spent on purchasing a single item for one of your characters?
250,000. Plus or minus a few cp.

Do you have an item you no longer use but keep around for nostalgic reasons? If so what is it and why do you keep it?
Lots - how about giving us more bank slots? Favorite is probably my set of Golden Efreeti armor. I keep it in a bag in my bank now, but I used to carry it around with me everywhere I went cause it was pimpin'... until they came out with the Platinum Efreeti armor. I also keep a set of that in another bag in my bank. Yeah, I have 2 different sets of practically useless plate armor (as a caster)... did I mention we should have more bank slots?

What do you like best about EverQuest?
My friends/guildies. They're all jerks, every last one of them, but they are my family.

What do you get out of playing EverQuest?
An escape from reality. In real life, I have to think before I speak and set a good example and all that. In EQ, whatever is on my mind get's blurted out on the keyboard immediately. It's usually gross, inappropriate, and half made-up, but it's okay cause it's all in fun, and I've conditioned my friends to not believe anything I say anyway.

Describe your best experience from playing EverQuest?
Not anything that's been updated in the last year.

Watch a video that Morituus submitted for an EQ contest here. **Warning** Slightly NSFW.

If you are interested in being highlighted in a Meet the Community, look for instructions here! We need more submissions, so send yours today!

More...