Ronak-Xegony wrote:

Elidroth wrote:

Smashpumpkin wrote:

Kolani wrote:

Elidroth wrote:

Yes. We decided to disallow Mercs in this event. People were basically exploiting the task system and doing the 'group' version with 12 people (6 real, 6 mercs).
Elidroth, check the code for some of the SoD tasks, I know most of the instanced tasks - thinking of Defending the Fort - will not allow over six group members, whether merc or non-merc in the zone. Mercs get autosuspended when a live player enters.
I honestly cannot see why you remove the possibility of using mercs.

As mentioned, you have code that checks for how many persons are in the zone, including mercs.

Why not use that ?

And if people have exploited in the past or present, simple, disable them from doing these tasks.

Also, remove their ability to use mercs completely, on all their chars on that account.

Because these are using one DZ for both the raid and group tasks. The DZ has a limit of 54 people on it to handle the raid task.

The group task can be requested by a person solo. You don't need to have 3 people to do it.
Ah, I didn't think of that.

In the future, just do these types of events in Arena instance, and spawn them wave style. Then you can do a group and a raid version, and not have merc restrictions. I realize there is no time now, but in the future.

Not really possible since the events have so much work built into the zone they reside in. We're working on better ways to handle this sort of issue in the future however, so this may all become a moot point down the road.

More...