Meet Farwarden Scathaigh Redwolfette

Server: Tunare, the Great Mother

Guild: Aegis Wolves

Where in the real life world do you live?
On an island near Savannah, GA

How long have you played EQ?
I started in May of 2008, so just over a year.

What other MMOs have you played?
...There are OTHERS?!

What type of work do you do?
You mean the stuff I get PAID for? I'm an architect, but I really wanted to be a singer

How long is your typical gaming session when playing EQ?
3 or 4 hours; after 5 hours my husband starts waving his hands in front of the screen, and well... he's too cute to ignore. I slay entire groups with ninja AFKs this way. Good thing they still love me.

What does a typical EQ day consist of for you?
Headshoot in Fire for 30 min burning lesson (sweet heaven I love being a ranger), guild roster maintenance, sass a few Paladins, interview prospective members, give away armor/spellcrafting supplies/ore, take screenshots for forum signature images, threaten not to patch heal tanks who tease rangers, research how many thousand more wind nymphs I have to kill, flirt with dark elves, recite poetry in /tells, harass people until they get into Vent so we can harass them even better, obsess about my AA path, randomly buff passing lowbies, make empty promises to myself about farming fletching supplies, drool over monk parses, gloat over saving agro-getting casters, howl at the moon, troll the guild forums, take group invites & show up 2 hours later, field 4,000,000 questions about why I haven't leveled yet. Oh ya, sometimes I kill stuff. I use eight chat windows.

What was the race and class of your very first character?
My main is my very first toon. She is a Wood Elf Ranger. I made others, but I think they are still in Gloomingdeep. I once made a male toon, but it was too weird. I don't know how all those men play women LOL.

What got you into gaming and what sort of games do you like the most?
There was a very strange but alluring fella I knew in college named Mark who played EQ, was really into the lore about dark elves. Ten years later I downloaded the trial on a lark and LOVED it - stayed up all night. In case you haven't figured it out, I'm kind of the social sort.

What other hobbies or activities do you take part in, other then playing EverQuest?
My son and I throw rubber bouncing balls at the ceiling fan, home improvements (I can't help it, it's built in to me), I happen to be a fair cook and I like to entertain and travel. I dabble in graphic art and RP writing too (but I keep it clean since we have a lot of young'uns who read this stuff), people seem to like my stories.

What is your highest level in EQ?
80, ok?! Geez people I'll level after I get a few million more AAs, get off my chain mail! LOL

What race and class is your main character?
Déjà vu is a glitch in the Matrix. (Woof Elf Ranger)

What do you like the most about the class you have chosen for your main character?
It's hard to play, but when done well, by Tunare, we are beautiful But as I like to say, if rangering were easy, everyone would do it.

Does your main character worship a deity?
I am too afraid to go meet her in person.

How did you choose your main character's name?
Scathaigh was a famous Irish Warrior who taught some of the finest later-chieftains in all the land. Her school was difficult to gain admission to, and she is credited both for her beauty and for her creativity and resourcefulness in battle.

Which classes in EQ have you NOT played?
Why would I want to be anything other than a ranger? Ask me again in another year LOL

What is your favorite expansion?
Planes of Power, the lore is dynamic and the zones are really beautiful.

What is your favorite zone?
Difficult, very difficult...Plane of Torment is truly creepy, but I think RSS is so pretty.

What is your favorite NPC?
That guy in Tosk who screams, "Back to work! You can rest when I kill you!" comes to mind. (Thanks to Keldidar on that one.)

Which expansion do you like the least?
The Serpent's Spine. I can't even justify why, I just don't dig those zones.

Which zone do you like the least?
The Hole. I am so irrevocably traumatized by the Hole. Had to go there for epic 1.5, the run was a real pain and very odd to swim through a sewer to get there. I fell to my death on the fake bridge, ran back, went carefully down into the pit (not knowing there was an invisible bridge), spent 30 min trying to get up to the other side that way (which you can't do) before giving up. I had no gate pots (this was before I had Origin) so I begged a mage friend to come Coth me out. He died on the way in, ran back. Tried to coth me, only to find out you can't do it in that zone. Camped out, went Home the next day to Kelethin, ran back. Got a map showing the invisible bridge. Got across and went looking for my mob, got eaten by a giant worm. Ran back, slipped off the invisible bridge, fell to my death. Ran back, found my mob, he WTFpwned me. Cried for 10 minutes in Vent. I am never ever, ever going back there, I don't care if Underfoot access is through the Hole, I am NOT going back.

Which NPC do you like the least?
The bashers in the Feerrott. I felt so violated there at level 17, minding my own business. Then someone explained to me what "KOS" meant.

What is the most platinum you have ever spent on purchasing a single item for one of your characters?
My merc! He is greedy and lazy.

Do you have an item you no longer use but keep around for nostalgic reasons? If so what is it and why do you keep it?
In Aegis Wolves, we invite new members (Pups) to request a Wolf Quest. It is assigned based on their class, level and gear, such that they will need to ask for help from the Pack to get it done. It's how we get to know each other and decide if the relationship should continue. My Wolf quest (I was little at the time) was to get the Amulet of the Grey Wastes (an enduring breath item). I still keep that.

What do you like best about EverQuest?
The exaltation of working with people to figure out puzzles and defeat tough challenges.

What do you get out of playing EverQuest?
Fellowship and relaxation, gets my bugs worked out.

Describe your best experience from playing EverQuest?
I doubt I'll ever repay the Slackers for all they have done for me. Not only did they nearly hand me my Vinelash Cascade, and the faction to buy it with, AND my Hail of Arrows from the 69.5 quests, but they were essential in getting my 1.5 (3 raid fights in a row!). I have been gifted with about a hundred AAs from them, plus their counsel and training on a regular basis, as well as a few lovely pieces of gear, and bags upon bags of loot from Plane of Fire. I have a lovely lifesap aug thanks to them, plus a bit of respect (finally) as a ranger. As if all this wasn't enough...they also basically handed me my MMM key; I had to do very little else, and even got help on parts of that (how embarrassing) Bridger still shows up randomly (he makes me weak in the knees lol) and through him I got a few essences too.

Do you run or work for an EverQuest Fan Site?
I am the temporary forum admin for my guild, aegiswolves.com. Wait... can I get PAID for that?
If you are interested in being highlighted in a Meet the Community, look for instructions here! We need more submissions, so send yours today!

More...