brd wrote:

Qulas_Druzzil wrote:

Then people should of used common sense and known that a hybrid mask wouldn't get echo of anger. Obviously Ngreth made a mistake and meant to say it should of been on the item id 107002 plate/melee mask.
There was no post indicating such.

This was the last "dev" word on the item in this thread:

Aristo wrote:

We haven't really hashed the idea out, but I don't particularly like the idea of extending a passive ability to a new set of classes, particularly since it's an on/off want it/don't want it effect.

If it remains on the melee item, that makes the best item available for some classes unusable (or at least undesirable) in many situations, and that doesn't strike me as a good thing.
Then, in test patch notes:

SKlug wrote:

*** Items ***

• Removed the Echo of Anger effect from the Discordling War Mask.
  • Increased the AC on the shields from the hard mode raids.
  • Put the correct sharpshooting focus on the items with sharpshooting from the hard mode raids.
I hope that eliminates your confusion. Please continue to point out things we post which are not perfectly clear to you, as accuracy in our message board posts is our top priority. We know that many people base their DKP expenditures on these posts rather than on the publically-available data from our Test Server and we do not intend to mislead you.

More...