Thread: downloading maps

Default downloading maps

recently ive been going to some zones where i dont have maps for. So i deleted all my maps in the eq maps file and redownload all maps extracted etc same thing happened no maps for certain zones. Some that i recall are bertox off of oceangreen villiage and several others i cant recall atm. Ive talked with peeps ingame bout it and they are as stumped as i am, since it is always the same maps that dont work. I even looked to c if the maps were downloaded and they were. Ive restarted my computer and every other thing i could think of im doing a complete scan atm hoping that works. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by yanco68 View Post
    recently ive been going to some zones where i dont have maps for. So i deleted all my maps in the eq maps file and redownload all maps extracted etc same thing happened no maps for certain zones. Some that i recall are bertox off of oceangreen villiage and several others i cant recall atm. Ive talked with peeps ingame bout it and they are as stumped as i am, since it is always the same maps that dont work. I even looked to c if the maps were downloaded and they were. Ive restarted my computer and every other thing i could think of im doing a complete scan atm hoping that works. Any suggestions?
    I am having the same problem.

This is because not every map that you have downloaded is full. I've notice that about several of the Crescent Reach maps...and I had issues with Nagafen's lair.

What you may need to do is download "all maps"...place them in your EQ file. Just watch the size of the file that you are overwriting (if you are overwriting.) If the file is 0 KB, then you know it's giving you a blank page. If you are overwriting a file that was 0KB with something else...then you'll have a map.

I have done that already...and now I'm downloading each section individually. I have found that the "SS" download had a few maps (to inlcude B. Moors) that were not on the "All Maps" section. Had to go to the "EQ" maps to get Naggy's Lair (soldungB) as well.

I downloaded mapfiend_ALL when I was in a rush so was not watching maps I copyed it on to mine it wiped my maps out there are 56 map files with 0kb and about 200 with only 1kb then some with only 2kb,I need to find what I am doing wrong to fix this cant use most of my maps now, any help ?
    like apprentice_2 ,arttest_2, aviak_2
    Last edited by Darkrite; 01-01-2010 at 12:53 AM.

The map names with a _2 are the POIs or Points of Interest. The POIs are various mobs, ground spawns, vendors and NPCs. Sometimes maps have no POIs marked on them, so yes, the files would be empty.

Default No maps at all

I returned to game after 6month break and had no maps at all.........i tried redownloading them and still nothing......any ideas why i can't get maps into game?

Default I tried this, and had limited success

Quote Originally Posted by saberazz View Post
    This is because not every map that you have downloaded is full. I've notice that about several of the Crescent Reach maps...and I had issues with Nagafen's lair.

What you may need to do is download "all maps"...place them in your EQ file. Just watch the size of the file that you are overwriting (if you are overwriting.) If the file is 0 KB, then you know it's giving you a blank page. If you are overwriting a file that was 0KB with something else...then you'll have a map.

I have done that already...and now I'm downloading each section individually. I have found that the "SS" download had a few maps (to inlcude B. Moors) that were not on the "All Maps" section. Had to go to the "EQ" maps to get Naggy's Lair (soldungB) as well.

I am still missing some maps. This is getting very annoying.

Thread Information