Zanderon wrote:

Drachnor wrote:

Why do I get this feeling that the paradox created when time travel occured has made it that nothing has changed and everything is still going to end the same.. it is almost as if it was suppose to happen this way.. this is why time travleing is bad..... screw with the time line and you can create a paradox that eventually destroys everything...
That's kind of the point of the expansion. Zeb has tasked you with stopping the Discordians from changing history.
I wouldn't say history hasn't been changed; in fact I'd say it was certainly changed even if the Discordians failed to alter it the way they wanted to. The presence of time-travelling Discordians and players changed certain events, but those events are still critical in the past and subject to being tampered with again and again.

Zebuxoruk is in the unique position of being able to perceive this larger war going on between different time-travelling factions, and has also realized that this war is all part of - and has indeed created - a gigantic multi-threaded Mobius-loop of history, and maintaining the desirable context of history (and an intact world) requires the people of Norrath to venture into the past and repeatedly steer the direction of history back toward the 'correct' outcome. The original timeline exists out there in the Void somewhere, as do the many altered variations of history created by the Discordians, as well as the many 'repaired' versions of the timeline. This leads Zeb to worry about the weakening of the flow of time, as well as the apparent semi-futility of the whole thing. Each effort to stabilize the timeline can be countered by a new effort to destabilize it by the Discordians, and the cumulative effect of such efforts is eliminating the laws of causality which hold the universe together.

In other words, the timeline of Norrath is pretty much an 'open curve' not a 'closed curve', and this is a dangerous thing.

- Raramor

More...