Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grids on the maps

plz remove grid lines, they serve no purpose other than making maps harder to read.

Thanks

When you open WinZip to extract the maps in the files box instead of checking All Files check the button below it ( Files ) and in the box enter:

*_1.txt *_2.txt

A space seperating them. WinZip will select just the *_1.txt and the *_2.txt files and extract them instead of all of the files.

Default Holy Crap!

When we just had the grid lines as a display aid on the images, people wanted them as part of the map. Instead of making them part of the main map, I made them a seperate layer so people could turn them off if they wanted to.
    Now that there in there, all of a sudden, nobody wants them. Make up my damn mind already!

I'll add an option on the zip pages to exclude gridlines.

As for the layer 3 files not working or messing up a map, I went into one, Acrylia_3.txt, and it seems to be in Unix format. I ran a Unix2DOS utility on the file to put it in DOS format and now it works fine.

In case anyone cares, Unix format uses a different end of line method than DOS. If you open the above file in notepad you will see the whole file is only one line long when in reality it is about 26 lines long.

I checked more of them and found that most are in Unix format.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapfiend
    When we just had the grid lines as a display aid on the images, people wanted them as part of the map. Instead of making them part of the main map, I made them a seperate layer so people could turn them off if they wanted to.
    Now that there in there, all of a sudden, nobody wants them. Make up my damn mind already!

I'll add an option on the zip pages to exclude gridlines.
    Well I can understand some people wanting them, but I think the main issue is they have to be turned off every time you zone, not just once, and a lot of them look really borked too (maybe it's the unix explanation someone explained above). But thank you for adding no gridlines as an option.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Spedi
    As for the layer 3 files not working or messing up a map, I went into one, Acrylia_3.txt, and it seems to be in Unix format. I ran a Unix2DOS utility on the file to put it in DOS format and now it works fine.

In case anyone cares, Unix format uses a different end of line method than DOS. If you open the above file in notepad you will see the whole file is only one line long when in reality it is about 26 lines long.

I checked more of them and found that most are in Unix format.
    Good catch Spedi. I totally neglected the line feed / carriage return thing when I wrote the generator. I'll get these fixed this weekend.

Darkmatil:
    Yeah, I haven't played EQ in over 3 years, so I know very little about the cartography UI, and I simply didn't know that you couldn't turn off specific layers by default.

If anyone is interested in helping me fix some of the more borked ones:
    1. Let me know which ones are borked
    2. Send me screenshots, if possible.
    My browser RPG: Adia-Ond
    Help me test it!

Thread Information