isaiah655 wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

isaiah655 wrote:

Ngreth, I suggested this idea before, but I was wondering if you missed it.

What I would like is a recipe for a smithable dagger (or any type of 1hander) that stacks.

The reason being is that I'd like to keep a stack on hand to give to my charmed mobs, since charmed mobs will not dual wield unless they're holding weapons, I thought it would be nice to have some at the ready, instead of having to run all the way to Goraku Mesa to farm the stackable daggers from the Napaeas. The combine should be makable only by the classes that can charm: Bards, Druids, Enchanters, Magicians and Necromancers. If the daggers could stack to 20, like the Napaea Daggers, that would be great. Then I could just make myself some and not have to go kill Napaeas every time I need more daggers.

If these weapons had a negative MR rating, that would be even better as charms would be harder to break. In the interest of balance, since Druids and Bards don't have a practical MR debuff for the purposes of casting on charmed mobs, you could restrict the daggers with the MR debuff to those two classes and give the rest of us daggers with no MR debuff.
Can only do that if players cannot wield it. I think there is some weirdness on stack-able weapons that can be used by players (may even cause an issue if you give a stack to an NPC)

That's fine. I don't want players to wield it. I just want it for charmed mobs. That's what I use the Napaea Daggers for. (Linked to the Allakhazam entry.) I just wanted something that stacks so I can give it to my charmed mobs without it crowding my inventory.

Also, you cannot hand stacks of anything to NPCs. If you attempt it, the game causes the trade to cancel and force you to start over.

So, if you can go with this idea, it would help the charm classes out.

This is what the item looks like, according to Allakhazam. I just want a way to make it so we have a stackable weapon that I don't have to farm in Goraku Mesa. The item exists. It's just not smithable. If we have a recipe for this item, we'll have a means to make the weapons we give to charmed mobs.

Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Skill: Piercing Atk Delay: 19
DMG: 3 Dmg Bonus: 20
This item can be used in tradeskills.
WT: 2.4 Size: SMALL
Class: NONE
Race: NONE
The issue is... we do not want to replace a mages ability with something. I will ask the team though.

(in the end, **IF** this idea is followed... it may be a charged item that summons non stacking items, that can be given)

More...