-Lynk_Dead- wrote:

Tineren_Prexus wrote:

Even in RL just because you do something over and over, doesn't mean you couldn't do it better if you learned a different technique by trying something harder.

The skill level where something trivials does not correspond to the level where you hit 95% success. At 140 skill you would have a 95% success on this item (which you could achieve either by getting 12 skill ups, or just 6 skill ups and equipping a geerlok). At 168 skill you would have a 96% success rate, at 208 skill you would have a 97%, at 248 skill 98%, and at 288 skill 99%. I recommend using the success calculator on the EQ traders site to determine exactly what skill you should aim for to get a 95% chance to make various subcombines.
I have no idea how this pertains to this thread. I understand that raising my skill way beyond the trvial rate improves success rate. Thats not the point.

The point is that if you are FAILING something 15%-20% of the time then it's obviously still quite difficult for you and thus, by definition, is NOT "trivial". So I should still be able to gain skill ups from it until I am failing much less.

It means that you can no longer learn from it. Even over all this time, we have not been able to come up with another phrasing that will satisfy players, so have just left it be.

Adjusted Skill = 128
Success chance = 83.5%

More...