Dev-Ngreth wrote:

I have a few changes coming to poison.

• the Ssraeshza Poison will have a recast time of 10s placed on it.
  • The Proc Count will increase on the utility poisons allowing them to last longer
  • The ROGUE DPS poison will have HATE reduced. Along with this the jolt poison will be reduced in effectiveness.
at a later date, when more time is available (and it has been placed on my schedule to do later, should be after the may patch)

• Adjust the resist rate on poisons
  • Poisons will be made such that "Silence" no longer affects it, but "Amnesia" will instead
  • Drop rates will be increased.
  • Move old poisons (*not* the AA) to slot 11/12 so they do not stack with new poisons, and can be classified.
  • (Internal) Classify poisons within the spell system so they can be focused uniquely
  • *Possibly* (after consideration) Proc Count on higher end poisons will be increased to partially compensate for Virulent Venom.
  • *Possibly* (after consideration) hate will be reduced on the all/all base poison (not the HATE based poison)
  • *Possibly* (after consideration) hate on utility poisons will be lowered
  • Poisons will be made such that "Silence" no longer affects it, but "Amnesia" will instead
The fix for this (making them skills) did NOT work, and caused many WORSE problems than them being silenced.

So for now, these are going back to being spells. If there is to be a solution in the future, it may not be fast coming. At the time of this writing I do not know what will happen with this issue. In the end this is a minor annoyance because very few NPC's silence.

More...