markthis wrote:

I guess what really gets me is that there is obvious effort going into creating good and cool looking weapon graphics, but they are not being put into the live game. They are being withheld and we have to pay $$ for them.

It's also an incentive for them to implement sub-par in-game graphics on the weapons, so that people will be motivated to go spend $$ so they don't have to look at the cruddy weapon graphic.

Would really be nice if some of these ornaments were global rare drops inside of EQ all the time, or tied to anniversery events or something.

Meh.

Again

Someone thought the graphics for SoD were good.

What I am working on in the future, I plan on being just as annoying to art for the stuff going in game in general as I was for these army of light ornaments.

That said, no matter what some people are still not gonna like it. I am sure some people think the army of light ornaments are ugly.

I have no nefarious secret plans to make the next set "ugly" to sell ornaments. This was not even the plan with the SoD set of weapons, no matter what conspiracy theory is presented.

The only thing even *hinting* that way, is that I do not plan on particles for the general drop group weapons (it *may* happen for special quested items). But the intent is *NOT* to sell ornaments to groupers, but is instead to make the raid weapons stand out. I certainly plan on the general group weapons to look good, I just expect the raid weapons to look different and some/most to have particles.

More...