silenceisgolden wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

Grau-TT wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

And in the end, though cool looking, Marketplace Ornamentation's are "common" and anyone can get it. The raids stuff will be "unique" I put unique in quotes because multiple raid weapons *may* share graphics (may not... depends how it goes) but you will still be able to say "hey, this came from a Raid" while you see someone with an Army of Light ornamentation, you get to say "Hey, he spent real cash." Not as distinctive.
lol, you're killing me Ngreth. :-p

Is this to replace stuff already in-game (Tower weapons for example) or just for future raid weapons?
The current intent is future use. That said, I *may* make changes. They do not though explicit fit the "tower" theme, so... are not necessarily going to change them.

And for the people asking "What about us that are paying the monthly fee"

Well, for one thing, the people buying these ornaments are ALSO paying that monthly fee, and they are paying extra for a luxury piece.

And then, those 120 I mention are for the general people paying the monthly fee.
it may be a luxury piece btu this is one thron that has stuck in my sie since SOD then SC opened up. It has been blatanlty obvious to at least some of us that the graphics in SDO raid and grp weapons were made purposefully "ugly" in order to motivate people using station cash. its one of the very few tings that has really bothered me about SC. I would haev expected at least a selcet few of the top end raid and grp weapons to haev some kind of fluff or effect to them that is actually aesthically pleasing. I am not saying I mind that peoepl can jstu pay money to haev better looking weapons, btu that those that also put in a heavy amount of playtime, raid or group, should get a littel somethign unique in the same realm of itemization.

It jsut stinks. marketing know alot of us like to have "cool" looking weapons. hell we are a bunch of ( at least most i know) adults playing a game for extended periods of time. It wouldn't be so bad if it was so obivous. you knwo like serisously cutting down exp gained int he new zones then starting to sell Xp potions soon after release.

fyi, thsi isnt directed at ngreth , but jsut in general as he obviosuly isnt in control of all of those decisions.
No.

There was no attempt to make things "purposefully" ugly.

I do not know what Merloc was thinking when he had art make those weapons, but it in NO way was "Lets make ugly things so they buy stuff"

More...