Dysentery wrote:

Yoscorio wrote:

which was an unintended bug that is now fixed.
This "bug" which has been known about since SoF Beta and nevermind that rangers and druids were balanced around it.
Let me put this to rest. At no point did we look at Rangers and Druids and think "Yep, looks good to me!" under conditions where this higher-than-expected amount of Spell Damage was in evidence. I did a large amount of parsing in the SoD Beta to get some relative DPS comparissons but I didn't use these lines of spells because at first glance there appeared to be other, better options for DPS - the Spell Damage massive overinflation didn't occur to me because I didn't examine those secondary spells (and, quite frankly, I was not involved in creating those Mods in SoF's development and so it wouldn't have jumped out at me anyway.)

I've looked over various guild parses after SoF and SoD launched but the only reaction I had to them was to wonder why Rangers were doing so much more DPS than we expected. I guess now we know. As soon as I fully understood the issue I took it to the team and we researched the scope of the problem and decided to act.

Information about the change hit late last week. Ordinarily I would have had a lot of responses to the threads that popped up but I had an abnormally busy weekend. So despite the fact that I read everything that I could find that was posted about the change (I really love having the internet on my cell phone) I wasn't in a position to respond. By the time I got back to work the conversation had worked itself into such a frenzy and tangent filled discussion I didn't feel I had a lot I could contribute. So I didn't.

More...