I loved it too! Sooooo much! I spent all of Friday just basking in the post-movie excitement, hehe.

As far as being a reboot of the canon lore, I don't see any reason why they can't keep this cast for future shows/movies, but go back to the old canon storyline and not follow this timeline. If this is an alternate reality or parallel universe, then in the "reality" or original universe, they'd be the same people. They could easily go back to the same starting point and have the normal timeline if they wanted to. Or they could carry on with the new alternate timeline. Either way...that's the nice flexibility with Sci-Fi...and the confusing thing about screwing with the space/time contiunuum, lol.

I'm highly amused by the sudden "cool" factor that this is bringing to the franchise. People are all coming out now admitting that they liked certain series, or went to a convention, or belonged to a club (or their local USS chapter, hehe.) I for one can't wait until the summer cons when all the costumers go Trek again!

More...