Thread: unreadable maps

Default unreadable maps

some genius has made maps using white lines on a white background.why are these maps even on this website? the whole point of a map is to know where you are at and where you are going.what ever you do,do not download the map pack. the majority of the maps are unreadable.
    Last edited by teal9976; 08-23-2008 at 12:02 PM. Reason: inaccurate spelling

Could you be a little more specific? There are tons of maps on this site, so I would rather not look at every single one to find the ones you are having problems with. It seems odd that you are the only person having these problems.

I also find this problem quite often tod was in dragon necropolis grey lines on white bacground cant see is there a way to change background color my mage is sitting there waiting for me to find him a map out lol

All the maps for the Ole Man McKenzie raids are unreadable for me as they have a light yellow lines on the white paper.

It is what it is.

I look forward to you submitting maps with different line colors.

We do not set the line colors, the creators of the maps do.

Default Easy fix?

Most maps in EQ you can right click at the corner of the box and use the tools to change the backgroupnd color and shading of the map. So white on white you make white on black or white on yellow or whatever floats your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Isowindors View Post
    Most maps in EQ you can right click at the corner of the box and use the tools to change the backgroupnd color and shading of the map. So white on white you make white on black or white on yellow or whatever floats your boat.
    Hmm. When I have tried that button it has seemed to change only the border around the map, not the map itself. The game is down for a patch so I cannot look at it right now, but I have not found an in-game fix for the problem. If I am missing something someone please tell me?

There are offline utilities to change map colors in various ways. I think one was called Mappie? I have not actually used them, but it should be a lot easier than individually manipulating the labels in-game.

I have once or twice gotten frustrated enough to edit a map or two, doing global changes to the strings of numbers defining colors and sizes of labels. That works fine, but I would think that a purpose-made utility would be quicker and easier... just been too lazy to get around to it myself.

Same here, the exact same thing happens to me. I'm running 64bit Windows 7.

The same thing happens in both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Hope someone can fix this soon!

Thread Information