PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming features

Mapfiend
02-28-2006, 07:17 PM
I will be adding new features to the site in the next few weeks. The most important one will be something called "MyMaps".
MyMaps is similar to the old cart, but much more powerful. It will let you keep your own set of favorite maps here on the site, and you can update the ones you want, when you want, edit/add POI's and change line colors, save the new maps to your MyMaps space and even share them with others with a simple link.

Some of the older features have been removed due to the fact that nobody used them, like the flash maps and the print/pdf maps.

You may have noticed that the URL structure is also vastly different than the old site. Instead of links like "http://eq.mapfiend.net/view.php?map=oggok_460.txt&bg=b&id=362&f=y", you now have links like this:
"http://eq.mapfiend.net/map/oggok"
This makes it easy to find a map as long as you know it's shortname, without having to go to the map list.

Few bugs:
The color preference saver is broken.
The ratings on the maps appear differently on different pages.
I will be fixing these bugs shortly.

Bigsnack For'Mobs
03-16-2006, 04:32 PM
Some of the older features have been removed due to the fact that nobody used them, like the flash maps and the print/pdf maps.

I used the print map feature for every map and sorely miss it. Please consider putting the ability to print the maps back in.

creamyduzit
03-17-2006, 07:42 AM
I used the print map feature for every map and sorely miss it. Please consider putting the ability to print the maps back in.

I also prefer printable versions of maps.

kensai
07-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Ok - so was this function ever added in?? Personally, I am not very keen about having to go through every map to pick out the higher quality maps and then have to download each by layer.. I would much rather have a "cart" of sort where I can pick and choose which maps and map layers I would like to download at the end. Is this the intention of the new functions you're adding in? Also - will this function store which maps you have selected under your account information?