PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Your expectations going forwards

Newsfiend
06-20-2012, 10:37 AM
Sebbina wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I replaced my Nvidia card with an ATI one. My comp had developed a habit of crashing EQ (at around the time of F2P) and I just got tired of having to reload, however, the screen note reason for the crash, once I looked it up on the web was affecting numerous comps on a variety of games- so I put it down to a conflict in some windows update. The ATI card has not had any problems since installation even though it is just a HD5450. With gigabytes of Ram and so many elements in memory at the same time, even a small variation that is otherwise harmless, there can be a contra reaction, and finding out what changed after months of great operation can be a major effort. That what recently has plagued so many and stopped with a change of Video card, suggests that something from Microsoft has conflicted with Nvidia cards. Oddily enough this comp also has an Nvidia card and has not experienced that problem. Some problems can certainly blamed on a SOE error, but as there are lots of possible sources to bring software conflict, maybe we should relax a little and try to allow that SOE is not the monster under the bed.

Ironically, I went the opposite direction for the exact same reason. Too many driver failures with the ATI cards I had, so I switched to nVidia.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=187142&post_id=2816670#2816670)