PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Your expectations going forwards

Newsfiend
06-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Petts wrote:

I expect the crashing to be fixed ... if it isn't in the near future, i am done for good.

I have been a loyal subscriber for over 10 years and have NEVER crashed until VoA came out. This zone into a VoA zone, move 20 feet and crash or lock up is getting to be more than i can bare ... rebooting and going back in. Even if i make to the VoA zone that i want to adventure in ... i have to reboot or the lag is horrible.

It was not like this in HoTT ... i think they have added too much graphics and textures and illusions. The system just cant handle it.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of computer are you playing on right now? By that, I mean, what operating system, how much memory, what kind of video card, etc.

A lot of the crashing I think is coming from people just running out of memory because we load so much right now. The coders are working on improving the way memory management is handled to reduced memory-related crashes, but the fact remains, that we are loading more now than we ever have before, and some older-spec machines likely just can't handle it.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=187142&post_id=2816447#2816447)