PDA

View Full Version : Viewing Maps on the Site

Stanger
02-28-2006, 12:56 AM
Don't know if this is just me or not, but on the new site when I click on a zone in the list of maps to pull up the corresponding map for that zone, it doesn't show the map on the page. Just has some various options up on top like BG color, grids, points, screenshots, etc.... but the map never seems to load up. It also shows links to download layers 1, 2, or 3 and you can scroll down a ways, but no map appears.

Fatal
02-28-2006, 01:11 AM
Does a box show up that looks like the map should be in it?

If you can't see the lines, try changing the background color. All of the new maps from PoR seem to have black lines so the background needs to be modified.

the first button above the map is the bg color editor.

Stanger
02-28-2006, 01:16 AM
Yea there appears to be a box where the map should be, although it looks kinda small. I messed with the background colors, still can't see anything though.

Agni Holytemplar
02-28-2006, 01:47 AM
Same here. I've gone from BLK background to WHT background and colors in between. I can not get the maps to show up. Even using the change color, grid, points of interest, etc. Nothing works... except to download. Which I can only do. But the website is looking really great.

Agni HolyTemplar
70 High Elf Cleric on Bristlebane

Windfinder
02-28-2006, 07:57 AM
OK been om ever page and no Maps were are he. you do hav4e the newest one right:cool:

Siezmik
02-28-2006, 10:09 AM
I also can not see the maps on the site, nor can I view the maps in game.

Mapfiend
02-28-2006, 07:03 PM
I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to view the maps in game, the only difference is that now the poi's are split out to a new layer.
For viewing the maps on the site, if you are using IE, it needs to be IE 5.5 or higher. I'm using transparency on the png files, and versions of IE before 5.5 don't support this. IE 6 has been out for well over a year, and you should have upgraded by now.
I have tested the map display in Firefox 1.5, Opera 8, IE 6, and even Seamonkey 1.0.
If you are not using IE, and still can't see the maps, email me a screenshot and version information for the browser you are using, or you can just click the Firefox button on the main site and not worry about IE anymore :)

Baked
03-02-2006, 07:48 AM
I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to view the maps in game, the only difference is that now the poi's are split out to a new layer.
For viewing the maps on the site, if you are using IE, it needs to be IE 5.5 or higher. I'm using transparency on the png files, and versions of IE before 5.5 don't support this. IE 6 has been out for well over a year, and you should have upgraded by now.
I have tested the map display in Firefox 1.5, Opera 8, IE 6, and even Seamonkey 1.0.
If you are not using IE, and still can't see the maps, email me a screenshot and version information for the browser you are using, or you can just click the Firefox button on the main site and not worry about IE anymore :)

If IE works for you then you must have a screen resolution higher than 1024x768 set when viewing - I had to make my browser IE 6.0SP2 session full screen (hate full screen anything) to even get the map list to display properly - gigantic wrap of some sort near the top that set the hole list down over a whole page.

Using Mozilla 1.2.1 to see the maps & d/l now - should also post one needs to be registered to d/l any maps now (I guess I just did that!).

Baked

nytmare
03-02-2006, 02:39 PM
The new site says we can upload and download maps without registering, but there is no option to download the map you're viewing unless you register. Unresistered visitors can't download any maps.

Also the option to download a map disappears after you rate it. I think the download box is mistakenly tied into the ratings box, so that's why unregistered users can't see it.

Mapfiend
03-02-2006, 03:45 PM
I'll have to look into that. I may have put them in the same code section by mistake.

Mapfiend
03-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Yep, I sure did. It's fixed now.

Battleshield
03-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Still no good viewing maps online. I am running IE 6 with SP2 at 1024x768 and nothing is viewable onscreen. The only options presented are to download the three layers.

I have changed the BG color to a medium tan to avoid black, white and Red font colors.

I did download All Maps for use in game, but there are a couple maps I want to have paper copies of for easier referencing (wont block view on screen while in game.

The map I have been trying to view on screen outside of the game is MF # 5120 Ruins of Illsalin.

winchester20
03-04-2006, 04:17 AM
Havin the same prob. 1024x768 rez. Runnin IE6. Seem to be getting everything on screen but the actual maps. Can click to download the maps, and seein the "Comments" section, the "BG Color, Grids" and all that at the top. /shrug

Mapfiend
03-04-2006, 04:52 AM
OK, now I've seen everything.
IE seems to be really picky about available space on the page, and rather than expand the page to fit the content, it appears to be discarding the content all together.

Even though both left and right side menus AND the map will fit perfectly within a 1024 pixel screen, IE doesn't like it. If I stretch the window to 1044, the map shows up fine. I'm going to reduce the width of the maps by about 20 pixels. Let me know if that fixes it.

Also, and I'm not trying to sound demeaning or anything, why are y'all still using 1024x768? If it's an eyesight thing, that's understandable, but even the humble GeForce 3 can do 1600x1200, as can most 17"+ CRT monitors.
Hell, if you're playing EQ, your hardware can handle higher resolutions than 1024x768. Again, I'm not trying to be harsh, just trying to inform. I have run into people who simply didn't know their hardware was capable of settings higher than what came from the factory.

Incidentally, I did design the site for 1024x768, but IE apparently doesn't think so. It works fine at that resolution in the other browsers :)

Mapfiend
03-04-2006, 05:09 AM
Ok, I changed the map size slightly and it appears to work. Let me know if there are any other glitches.

rejettad
03-06-2006, 01:56 AM
I can't even find a way to get TO the maps period.:mad:

ben h gildart
03-06-2006, 02:10 AM
hello. i'm new and are there maps here period and where i'm sure i'll be interested in forms but just like to find the eq map no talking at this point
ty loads

melie
03-08-2006, 12:51 PM
i used to be able to come here click the maps i needed for everquest and download them to my sony/everquest file but now i cant even find the spot where the downloads are...wtf
lost in POR and dontwannabe
Melie Tujuu
7th hammer