PDA

View Full Version : help with map packs

Poliane
08-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Hi,
I downloaded your fantastic map packs. However, after unzipping them, when i open any of them, they are in tezt format, with all the locations one after another, no mapping at all. Do I need another program?
Many thanks,
Gillian
Poliane
Maelin Starpyre
Guardians of Solace

Xyrre
08-18-2007, 12:06 AM
The maps are for use in the Everquest game itself. They are not maps you look at just in general.

Poliane
08-18-2007, 10:11 AM
So I open the downloaded file while in EQ?
Gillian
Character; Poliane
Server; Maelin Starpyre
Guardians of Solace

The maps are for use in the Everquest game itself. They are not maps you look at just in general.

Xyrre
08-18-2007, 05:12 PM
make sure you have unzipped the map files into your everquest/maps directory...then when you use the map feature in everquest, the map that shows is the one you downloaded.

sidmont
09-22-2007, 08:17 PM
i downloaded the all maps pack, and i unzipped in to maps directory, but when i zone into blightfire, nothing shows on map. what did i do wrong?
thanks

karebear9641
01-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Ok. I have downloaded the map packs before with no problem. Now I have done the same thing over and over with this new expansion maps and cannot get those maps to show. What do I do??? I have windows xp.. I managed to get it to work for my husband on his computer and he has vista.. go figure.. lol

Holm31
01-14-2008, 12:11 PM
I have been trying to get all the maps too. Some show in game, but most do not. I looked in my everquest/maps folder and noticed that they are all text files. Is there something wrong with the maps on this site that make them all text files, or are they supposed to be that way. Still need help getting my maps to show in game. Please help.

Holm31