PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Next Expansion, level increase to 100?

Newsfiend
05-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Thulack wrote:

Beimeith wrote:

Thulack wrote:

I never said they should shut down the servers but that they should stop focus on new content and focus on EQ next. What other moneymakers do the companies that produce UO and AC(1-2) have? None unless you count LoTR for Turbine as a moneymaker. This is what allows SoE to focus on other games because they have other games that are making them money.

You make no sense at all. SoE is a business. If you think for a second they would continue to keep EQ going if it was losing them money, you're wrong. EQ makes money, and that money has financed many, many other games for SoE, and most of those games have failed. Why on earth would they effectively kill a game that makes them money, and put more resources into a game that may or may not succeed where so many others have failed?

Ofcourse EQ is making money. SoE has so many projects going on that they can put dev's to work on other games other then just EQ. I highly doubt there is a single Dev at SoE that sole focus is on EQ. While i'm sure there are a few who might put more then 50% of their time into EQ they are also working on other games for SoE so it would make no sense to stop EQ from a financial standpoint and your right it will probably not happen in the next 5 years but from a game standpoint you can only stretch things out so far and only add new things to the game before it becomes watered down and no fun to play anymore.

You'd be wrong. Everyone on the EQ team is 100% focused on EQ and ONLY EQ. We are not splitting time or resources with another game.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=186589&post_id=2808115#2808115)