PDA

View Full Version : Re:VoA T3 and T4 Raids too hard?

Newsfiend
03-30-2012, 02:15 AM
Windsong:

Make less totems circling around the outer ring before the boss spawns. Having to tell only 12 people to zone in and drop a banner is annoying cause 1 person popping the event at a bad time = wipe often times.

Er... don't try to put your banner inside the temple? Don't go into the temple until you are ready to start? Seems pretty simple to me. http://www.mapfiend.net/eq/images/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif

Fix the lag in the instance. There are many times the event will lag out and phases will not activate when they should.

I'll see if I can figure this out. I didn't notice it in beta and obviously not while working on it alone. If you have examples of exactly when this happens, that would help.

FIX THE VIRAL MANA DRAIN. The 15k a tic, 4 tic duration mana drain with 0 cure counters that cannot be Radiant Cured either... is so absolutely idiotic. If it has to have a special means to cure it like playing an instrument on the stage or something fine. But the inability to cure this is sooooo lame it isn't even describable in words. Or just put some counters on the spell to make it curable.

I'll look at it. I don't have the spell memorized, but I remember setting the spread time to be pretty high, so you should have time to clear out if it lands on you.

Erillion:

The 4 debuffs cast by the 4 corner mini mobs should be yellow backgrounds, like Malo/Tashan so that they do not conflict with out of combat timers.

Done.

Not sure if intended but one of the Chief Official's AEs when cured give the curer 100 Summoned: Throwing Daggers, please fix this. Even if intended it is annoying.

I'd forgotten that one. Certainly not intended. I'll look at it.

Rebalance the AEs that each of the 3 boss mobs get in the center such that they are smaller range IE if you split you raid (which I'm assuming is the intent of the raid?) you are only getting hit by the AE that affects your raid (I'm looking at you snare/mana drain). Yes I know there is a way to prevent that but it is silly for a split raid to be expected to do that.

I have already reduced the area of the Bonds of Guilt AoE. It was quite a bit too large.

A

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=184438&post_id=2788137#2788137)